The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Business 7132 - Paper 1 - 24th May 2019

This poll is closed

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive22%
The paper was reasonable44%
Not feeling great about that exam...19%
It was TERRIBLE15%
Total votes: 1169
AQA A-level Business 7132 - Paper 1 - 24th May

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

7132 Paper 1 2h 24 May 2019 am

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/business/specifications/AQA-7131-7132-SP-2015.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business/as-and-a-level/business-7131-7132/assessment-resources

:goodluck:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have advice on how to get an A
I’d say keep on track with your revision, PAST PAPERS are key in order to achieve the highest grade , also it helps you practice your structuring.
Original post by M4J
Does anyone have advice on how to get an A
Reply 3
hey man, what did you manage to get in biz?
How can I pass this paper?
I’d say learn the formulas and make sure you continually develop in the essay questions and use context where possible.
Original post by Emilyallan2001
How can I pass this paper?
Okey thank you very much
How do you think is the best way to structure a point in the 25 marker. Like do you follow PEEL ect.

I just struggle on what is expected to be said in the mini evaluation of a point. Any tips would be appreciated
Reply 8
Intro- KUSH
Knowledge ( 2x definitions with more knowledge if possible)
Understanding- Show you understand what the question is asking
Solution- Hint at your answer to the essay
Hint- hint at your evaluation

2 PECAN PIE paragraphs
Point
Explained
Contextualised ANalysis

Point Included Evaluation

Conclusion- AJIM
Answer- answer the question
Justify- why you think that answer
It depends on- evaluate your answer
Most important factor- the most important reason for your answer
Original post by User372828
How do you think is the best way to structure a point in the 25 marker. Like do you follow PEEL ect.

I just struggle on what is expected to be said in the mini evaluation of a point. Any tips would be appreciated
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks you very much HazzaGT1. So you only do 2 points?
Hi Sonia,
It not letting me contact you as you are in private. Could you leave any advice you got.
Also if anyone else have advice to do with anything in paper 1.
Original post by tutorsonia
Yup contact me
Maybe not spending too long on the multiple choice - do the ones you know to build your confidence and use the time you saved for planning or reading back through the ones that you didn't know at the end.
Hi Sonia,
It not letting me contact you as you are in private. Could you leave any advice you got.
Also if anyone else have advice to do with anything in paper 1.
Any tips on how to do any last revision before the exam in a couple weeks time for paper 1?
Reply 13
good luck
Thanks you very much HazzaGT1. So you only do 2 points?

Aim for 3, but if your struggling for time it is better to do 2 that are more developed then 3 rushed ones
Reply 15
Has anyone got any predictions for the 25 markers (possible topics) that could come up this year?
Original post by kmnshah
Has anyone got any predictions for the 25 markers (possible topics) that could come up this year?

hard to guess.
Evaluating the specification there are significant gaps, however this is normally because they will often use a 25 markers, i.e on strategic decision making as it allows them to get a wide range of answers, more than once and I believe they have done this in both 2017 and 2018
they also question decision making depending on shareholders, type of business etc.
Has anyone got business examples linked to each part of the specification for business, like notes on it?
Reply 18
Yh thanks for the reply, are you taking these business exams this year, if so how's revision going?
Original post by 12suttbe
hard to guess.
Evaluating the specification there are significant gaps, however this is normally because they will often use a 25 markers, i.e on strategic decision making as it allows them to get a wide range of answers, more than once and I believe they have done this in both 2017 and 2018
they also question decision making depending on shareholders, type of business etc.
Any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest