The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics 8463 - Paper 1 - 22nd May 2019

This poll is closed

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive30%
The paper was reasonable39%
Not feeling great about that exam...16%
It was TERRIBLE15%
Total votes: 1711
AQA GCSE Physics 8463 - Paper 1 - 22nd May

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

8463 Paper 1 1h 45m 22 May 2019 pm

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-8463-SP-2016.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-8463/assessment-resources

:goodluck:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

so what we predicting for the physics paper i think Energy, circuits background radiation and Nuclear fission
Reply 2
i agree
Original post by liamlarner
so what we predicting for the physics paper i think Energy, circuits background radiation and Nuclear fission
Good luck to everyone sitting!
Get into your groove, focus up and feel like Tony Stark - you got this!
Reply 4
Original post by ProperLad
Good luck to everyone sitting!
Get into your groove, focus up and feel like Tony Stark - you got this!

:laugh:
Someone must be looking forward to Endgame :beard:
do you think medical tracers otherwise known as medicine used in radiation & half life's will come up
Original post by katem19
i agree
Reply 6
most likely, even if its only a few marks worth-would definitely recommend revising it anyway
do you think medical tracers otherwise known as medicine used in radiation & half life's will come up
Original post by 8472
:laugh:
Someone must be looking forward to Endgame :beard:

HELL YEHH!! :biggrin: I'm soo excited even tho exams are like 2 weeks after!
Guyss, do you have any revision techniques? My school currently haven't finished P2 and the parts we learnt of P2 was with a replacement teacher so I have to teach myself at home, any tips?
Original post by Random915
Guyss, do you have any revision techniques? My school currently haven't finished P2 and the parts we learnt of P2 was with a replacement teacher so I have to teach myself at home, any tips?

For me, a great way is to use a combination of the syllabus, Free Science Lessons (Free Science Lessons) and past/specimen papers.

Good luck!
Reply 10
seneca!
Original post by Random915
Original post by katem19
seneca!

thank you i'll be sure to check it out!!
what do we reckon the required practicals will be
Paper 1 IV Characteristics

Paper 2 radiation and absorption
Original post by mya0110
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mya0110

I really really really wish its a 6 marker on density and another question on hopefully I-V characteristics
Paper 1 IV Characteristics

Paper 2 radiation and absorption

I hope its IV, last year it was resistance so that is out and the specs set 1 and 2 higher were SHC and density so it most likely not be thos

And paper 2 to piss everyone off i feel like its gunna be ripple tank cause to me its hard but idk about others..
really?? the ripple tank is so simple! what grade are you even aiming for?
Original post by OllyDaws
I hope its IV, last year it was resistance so that is out and the specs set 1 and 2 higher were SHC and density so it most likely not be thos

And paper 2 to piss everyone off i feel like its gunna be ripple tank cause to me its hard but idk about others..
Original post by Aryan3031
really?? the ripple tank is so simple! what grade are you even aiming for?

on track for 9 ( doubt ill get that probs an 8), ill be honest haven't done much p2 revision atm cos i need to bump up my p1 for now,
guessing ur on track for a high grade ?
what you get in ur recent ish mocks cos my school i feel like are being too generous with some grades (2018 gcse)
i got 68 in both p1 and p2 so 136 overall, which is 1 mark above a 9 last yr but school bumps it down which is fair so i got a 7 upper in paper 1 and 8 upper in paper 2
(edited 4 years ago)
yeah my school did that with economics as well, a 9 was like 96%
in my physics I got 87 and 88 so fortunately I got a 9, hoping to get that in the other sciences too
also I just noticed in my first reply I didn't mean to say what grade are you 'even' aiming for, just realised how patronising that sounds, sorry :colondollar:
Original post by OllyDaws
on track for 9 ( doubt ill get that probs an 8), ill be honest haven't done much p2 revision atm cos i need to bump up my p1 for now,
guessing ur on track for a high grade ?
what you get in ur recent ish mocks cos my school i feel like are being too generous with some grades (2018 gcse)
i got 68 in both p1 and p2 so 136 overall, which is 1 mark above a 9 last yr but school bumps it down which is fair so i got a 7 upper in paper 1 and 8 upper in paper 2
Original post by Aryan3031
yeah my school did that with economics as well, a 9 was like 96%
in my physics I got 87 and 88 so fortunately I got a 9, hoping to get that in the other sciences too
also I just noticed in my first reply I didn't mean to say what grade are you 'even' aiming for, just realised how patronising that sounds, sorry :colondollar:

damn 175 is hella good, nice work hopefully i can get some what close to that even tho my target grade is a 4 but my on track for is a 9 :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending