The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I can see my pulse in my neck. I’m not really skinny and I don’t have high blood pressure (I think the doctor tested for it?). I can see it especially when I’m lying down, but I can always see it when I check, and it’s quite noticeable

Normal.

/thread
I can see my pulse in my neck. I’m not really skinny and I don’t have high blood pressure (I think the doctor tested for it?). I can see it especially when I’m lying down, but I can always see it when I check, and it’s quite noticeable

It's you carotid artery pulsating when blood goes through it to get to the brain. It's good for you.
Gh
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
It's you carotid artery pulsating when blood goes through it to get to the brain. It's good for you.

Yes but mine is more violent/ noticeable and I also have a high resting heart rate, I’m kinda worried :/
Yes but mine is more violent/ noticeable and I also have a high resting heart rate, I’m kinda worried :/

Are you unfit? Or anxious? Or drink a lot of caffeine?
Reply 6
Are you unfit? Or anxious? Or drink a lot of caffeine?

I’m unfit and anxious but I get it when I’m not anxious and when I’m at rest (like not doing any exercise like in bed etc.)
I’m unfit and anxious but I get it when I’m not anxious and when I’m at rest (like not doing any exercise like in bed etc.)

You are probably just focusing on it more when you are resting. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 8
Asked your doctor for his opinion about it?
Reply 9

Same. I’ve recorded mine and it’s horrible I get racing heart and heart palpitations. But I just noticed how awful it looks. I get mine on lower right of my neck and it makes my skin sink in and out. I don’t like it and I think I’ve got something wrong with my heart but doctors say it’s all anxiety
Reply 10
... i can feel my heart beat in my legs and hands. I can see it on my neck and wrists. Doctors say im completely healthy, my bloodpressure is 120/80 with 78 heartbeats per minute. And yet i cant get the idea out of my mind that it could be dangerous symptoms of something... What do you guys think?
Original post by Marlan
... i can feel my heart beat in my legs and hands. I can see it on my neck and wrists. Doctors say im completely healthy, my bloodpressure is 120/80 with 78 heartbeats per minute. And yet i cant get the idea out of my mind that it could be dangerous symptoms of something... What do you guys think?

I think you have anxiety.
I have exactly the same, feel my heart beat on my legs and hands, like, my hands move according to heartbeat when i'm holding my phone, my feet gently bounces when i cross my legs and according to heart beat. But what annoys me the most is the visible pulse on my neck on both sides, it is strong and noticible and I feel the heart in my throat. I have anxiety and started meds about 1 month ago, but these specific symptoms don't go away...

Latest