Does Labour's anti-semitism problem stem from its anti-capitalist problem? Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This is the view of one Labour MP:
https://nyebevannews.co.uk/labour-mp...-anti-semitic/

I'm not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, I like to think that anti-capitalists are well-meaning people who are just blindsided by the utopian promises of communism; on the other, it is increasingly hard to ignore the anti-semitic element in the modern hard-left, even Corbyn's own vanguard 'Momentum'.

Are the far-left now drinking from the same anti-Semitic propaganda as the far-right?

But I would like to point out that, yet again, it is a Labour MP offering the most criticism of this. The Labour party still has many members who look past party allegiance and speak out against injustices. I cannot say the same for the Tories, who still stand behind the most disastrous government this country has ever seen. But that is another matter...
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My experience of momentum members and union members is that the anti-semitism problem stems from them being Pro Palestinian and anti Israeli.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No.

This is a ridiculous assertion even before her rationalisation ( that anti capitalists dont like bankers and as Jew is synonymous with bankers it means that anyone who dislikes bankers is antisemitic) comes up.

What it does is highlight that the real complaint against Corbyn and Momentum is not anti-semitism, it is anti-Capitalism.
Joleee
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Report 2 weeks ago
i moved your thread to UK politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads