Universial Credits sanctioned no money at my end Watch

Journey girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
basically my life has fallen apart firstly started when I lost my job at HMV I was laid off then I went onto universial credit, unfortunately for my meeting I was late by 5 minutes due to an accident on the road, I phoned to say I was gonna be late but they still sanctioned me I have my own flat and I cant afford the rent no more my parents refuse to bail me out because they wanted me out and to top it off my bf dumped me and moved out ive had no luck finding a job my last straw was being turned down after an interview
Last edited by Interrobang; 2 weeks ago
Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Journey girl)
basically my life has fallen apart firstly started when I lost my job at HMV I was laid off then I went onto universial credit, unfortunately for my meeting I was late by 5 minutes due to an accident on the road, I phoned to say I was gonna be late but they still sanctioned me I have my own flat and I cant afford the rent no more my parents refuse to bail me out because they wanted me out and to top it off my bf dumped me and moved out ive had no luck finding a job my last straw was being turned down after an interview
Do you live near any Citizens Advice Bureaus? They can be pretty helpful, might be able to help find you some short-term aid until you're back on your feet.

Can't believe how ridiculous these sanctions are though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads