LGBT acceptance lessons cancelled due to Muslims withdrawing pupils Watch

This discussion is closed.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...arent-protests

The most frustrating thing is that many UK Muslims have a real problem with bigotry towards LGBT people, with half believing homosexuality should be illegal.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

Sadly removing pupils from lessons which will challenge the views of their parents mean these children will likely share their parent's backwards values.

Of course, a percentage of these pupils will likely be gay themselves and may suffer with the bullying, isolation, mental health problems, suicide attempts, and unhappy relationships that are the norm when you are gay in a socially conservative environment.

It is also entirely self-defeating for the Muslim community. They often complain about being marginalised and discriminated against. Yet they, or at least the more socially conservative among them, are happy to display their intolerance towards LGBT people. As long as they hold such views, Muslims will find it difficult to integrate into British life.
MiszShorTea765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)

The most frustrating thing is that many UK Muslims have a real problem with bigotry towards LGBT people, with half believing homosexuality should be illegal.

Sadly removing pupils from lessons which will challenge the views of their parents mean these children will likely share their parent's backwards values.

Of course, a percentage of these pupils will likely be gay themselves and may suffer with the bullying, isolation, mental health problems, suicide attempts, and unhappy relationships that are the norm when you are gay in a socially conservative environment.

It is also entirely self-defeating for the Muslim community. They often complain about being marginalised and discriminated against. Yet they, or at least the more socially conservative among them, are happy to display their intolerance towards LGBT people. As long as they hold such views, Muslims will find it difficult to integrate into British life.
Let me get this straight. Because a Muslim cannot identify their sexual orientation they are incapable of intergreating into British life?
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sad
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ridiculous.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disgusting - pure distilled intolerance towards the LGBT (not to mention the rife antisemitism in the Muslim community)
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

This makes me so angry. I am not even going to say what I truly think about this issue, I would get banned as I'm on my last warning.
MiszShorTea765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Khalid_)
I don't believe LGBT to be biological and to be allowed.
This is not about your own perspective. It’s the opinions that parents have placed upon young children at such an innocent age.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't believe LGBT to be biological and to be allowed.
Well you live in a country that thinks differently so you either have to live with it or leave...

... and move to a country which will align with your views
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Professional G; 2 weeks ago
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Their entire premise for the protest is ridiculous. What is an LGBT 'way of life'? There isn't a straight way of life, is there? LGBT is literally just people who happen to be gay, bi or whatever, not a lifestyle.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go say that to the Atheists living in the UK. Who disagree on everything that Christians say.

You've manipulated your own bible unfortunately. Homosexuality is not allowed in the REAL Christianity.
dont care what religion you come from - it is no excuse for intolerance
Zabidoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

STOP GENERALISING MUSLIMS

As a muslims female, I'm quite open minded, I go to an all girls school (majority muslims) and majority of us are all accepting of the lgbtq community...some of them are even apart of it
That's not to say there aren't muslims out there that are repulsed by them, I've met people who are and every single time I stick up for the lgbtq community (even against my own father) becuz in islam, we are meant to respect all people, of all faiths and all backgrounds and people who don't are just plain rude and disrespectful

Everyone had their own personal views about things
U can't say "all black people hate white people"
U can't say "all Christians hate jews"
So u can't say "all muslims hate the lgbtq community"
(Not saying any of these are true, or that that's what ur trying to say, I'm just trying to get my point across)

If that's what muslims are doing, then it's just ridiculous...
However, we also have to take into account that's (some) muslims arent the only people with intolerance to the lgbtq community...what about other normal people? Does that mean that everyone else who doesn't like lgbtq can't integrate into British life?

Just one more point, just becuz were Muslim, doesn't mean we don't know how to integrate into British life...after all, a lot of us were born here u know...

Thank u for reading...I'm not trying to start arguements, I'm just trying to speak in a mature, respectful manner ❤
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go say that to the Atheists living in the UK. Who disagree on everything that Christians say.

You've manipulated your own bible unfortunately.
Why should I take anything you say seriously?

You are probably the most anti Christian here but at least the atheists don’t go on tantrums when faced with different people or force their opinions on others.

Do you have any evidence or is it just conspiracy theories?
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

It’s their choice, everyone’s views should be accepted regardless.
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Muslims & LGBTQ are only united on the political spectrum. Otherwise they're eternal enemies
Khalid_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Professional G)
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by liquidconfidence)
It’s their choice, everyone’s views should be accepted regardless.
Why should intolerance be tolerated?
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

You've manipulated your own bible unfortunately. Homosexuality is not allowed in the REAL Christianity.
The U.K is not a religious country.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Cause I’m not the one attacking other people’s faiths and views
Khalid_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Professional G)
at least the atheists don’t go on tantrums when faced with different people or force their opinions on others.
Are you really going to ignore all the insults I received from Atheists when I had a different opinion?!

You also said that those who disagree with this country, should leave. Therefore Atheists, who disagree with Britain, which is a Christian country according to you, should leave.
Violet Femme
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zabidoo)
STOP GENERALISING MUSLIMS

As a muslims female, I'm quite open minded, I go to an all girls school (majority muslims) and majority of us are all accepting of the lgbtq community...some of them are even apart of it
That's not to say there aren't muslims out there that are repulsed by them, I've met people who are and every single time I stick up for the lgbtq community (even against my own father) becuz in islam, we are meant to respect all people, of all faiths and all backgrounds and people who don't are just plain rude and disrespectful

Everyone had their own personal views about things
U can't say "all black people hate white people"
U can't say "all Christians hate jews"
So u can't say "all muslims hate the lgbtq community"
(Not saying any of these are true, or that that's what ur trying to say, I'm just trying to get my point across)

If that's what muslims are doing, then it's just ridiculous...
However, we also have to take into account that's (some) muslims arent the only people with intolerance to the lgbtq community...what about other normal people? Does that mean that everyone else who doesn't like lgbtq can't integrate into British life?

Just one more point, just becuz were Muslim, doesn't mean we don't know how to integrate into British life...after all, a lot of us were born here u know...

Thank u for reading...I'm not trying to start arguements, I'm just trying to speak in a mature, respectful manner ❤
I'm not generalising Muslims. I deliberately referred to the more socially conservative. Unfortunately as we see from survey data and the actions of these parents, such backwards views are common among Muslims.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads