LGBT acceptance lessons cancelled due to Muslims withdrawing pupils Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ascend)
And that's genuinely admirable but I'm afraid you're still aligning yourself with an ideological belief that is seen by many if not most (if not all!) LGBT people as hateful, unkind and bigoted.
Well in the Quran it says be kind to even ur enemies , to everyone so don’t think I’d be a good Muslim if I saw them as had people. Yeah there are things that if I had a choice, I would change but it’s how it is. I just believe there’s a very good reason why it’s sinful but don’t know it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ap.ferro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Homophobia is literal intolerance.
Im not going to accept someone's views when those views think i should be thrown in the pits of fire for my sexual orientation. If you want tolerance it has to come from both sides.
People are entitled to their own opinion. I don't want children as young as 4 (as proposed in new DofE guidelines post 2020) learning about homosexuality. Schools are supposed to stay neutral, why are they pushing an agenda?
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Khalid_)
There is no such thing as being "gay". You can the Story of Prophet Lut (PBUH) mentioned in The Holy Quran in which he deals with people committing the act of homosexuality in which he sent them a message from Almighty God that what they're doing is sinful, false and should be stopped. In which they did not obey Prophet Lut (PBUH) and did not stop the evil act of homosexuality in which Almighty God destroyed them.
There is such a thing. I know it’s a sin??? I just said that
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Therefore according to you, Atheism should be banned, shouldn't it?
Do you agree with the secularity of this country?
And freedom of religion?
Many atheists I know do but do you?
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because you agree on all the things they want you to agree with. That's why.
I don’t think the world is better without religion.
I think religion is flawed mainly due to the actions of their followers (like yourself) but it can be improved.
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
It's not specific sex education at primary school level. It's teaching kids that other forms of relationships exist and to be tolerant towards them.

As for your comments about culture. That is precisely what I was getting at in my OP. We know that ethnic groups which are disproportionately Muslim often do badly in terms of education, unemployment, poverty etc. While this may be because they do face real discrimination, *they do end up marginalising themselves by clinging to backwards values*.
Can you actually hear yourself right now?

How can you legitimately say that their views are ‘backwards’? Wow, I am lost for words.
HarryBarnett175
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People need to know, and accept, that relationships don't just have to be between a man and a woman. It's sad that such bigoted views exist in our so-called 'United' Kingdom
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ap.ferro)
People are entitled to their own opinion. I don't want children as young as 4 (as proposed in new DofE guidelines post 2020) learning about homosexuality. Schools are supposed to stay neutral, why are they pushing an agenda?
It's not an agenda. People happen to be gay whether you like that fact or not. It's a literal fact not an agenda
If they are old enough to know that 'mummy and daddy love each other' they are old enough to know that you can have two mummy's and two daddy's that love each other.
Khalid_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Professional G)
Sorry man, but I could say that Islam has been tampered without any evidence but would you believe me, a non Muslim?

So why should I believe you?
PROHIBITS DRINKING OF ALCOHOL: Leviticus 10:9 - "You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come"

PROHIBITS EATING PIG - Deuteronomy 14:8 - The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

This is mentioned in The Bible.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The left can't have it both ways.

They can't look away from brown grooming gangs because they are afraid of "islamophobia" and "racism" but simultaneously push a political ideology that contradicts the views of this group they otherwise refrain from criticizing.
Hutch-2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing pisses me off more than people blaming this on Muslims saying "they should leave if they don't agree" like wtf? There's such a thing as 'freedom of speech' if you don't like it that's fine, but stop blaming everything on migrants and people of different faiths especially Muslims. When it comes to how we treat racial and religious minorities, we are EXTREMELY racist. And what about all those Muslims who have lived here for hundreds of years? Should they 'go hkme'???
Khalid_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think religion is flawed mainly due to the actions of their followers (like yourself) but it can be improved.
My action is the reflection of how others treat me. I have had many nice debates with non-Muslims because they were respectful.

However, being approached by somebody and told to leave the country, like yourself, is going to get a nice response form me.
Khalid_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you agree with the secularity of this country?
And freedom of religion?
Many atheists I know do but do you?
I am against secularity.
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not an agenda. People happen to be gay whether you like that fact or not. It's a literal fact not an agenda
If they are old enough to know that 'mummy and daddy love each other' they are old enough to know that you can have two mummy's and two daddy's that love each other.
Hey, you know what fine but let them learn at an older age. i didn't even know gay men could have sex until i was nearly 12!

How are you supposed to explain this stuff to such a young age? they will ask all sorts of questions. It is very much an agenda, this is seen as politically correct and people are having their religous beliefs trampeded on. i am not homophobic but i am a man of common sense, and teaching 4 years old about homosexuality and actively encouraging them into this doesn't seem like a lot of sense to me
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Homophobia is literal intolerance.
Im not going to accept someone's views when those views think i should be thrown in the pits of fire for my sexual orientation. If you want tolerance it has to come from both sides.
You are making wild statements. They do not want THEIR children to be involved in ‘LGBT’ lessons. That is not homophobia, that is not intolerance. Unless you have actual proof that withdrawing pupils from these workshops increases hate crimes against the LGBT community then I don’t want to hear it.

I actually cannot believe the audacity of some of you people on this thread. It’s THEIR CHOICE. You cannot expect someone to accept you, if you can’t accept their way of thinking
Last edited by liquidconfidence; 2 weeks ago
abz456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Here is how it is. We as Muslims are against the idea of being LGBT as it is said in our religion. However, what we shouldn't be is discriminatory. If someone is LGBT we won't (and really shouldn't) do anything. We just don't want our religion to be changed to suit what we don't believe.
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yudothis)
The left can't have it both ways.

They can't look away from brown grooming gangs because they are afraid of "islamophobia" and "racism" but simultaneously push a political ideology that contradicts the views of this group they otherwise refrain from criticizing.
The irony is unreal.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My action is the reflection of how others treat me. I have had many nice debates with non-Muslims because they were respectful.

However, being approached by somebody and told to leave the country, like yourself, is going to get a nice response form me.
I think you are mistaken.
I said either live with it or don’t...

I don’t see me telling you to leave the country.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ap.ferro)
Hey, you know what fine but let them learn at an older age. i didn't even know gay men could have sex until i was nearly 12!

How are you supposed to explain this stuff to such a young age? they will ask all sorts of questions. It is very much an agenda, this is seen as politically correct and people are having their religous beliefs trampeded on. i am not homophobic but i am a man of common sense, and teaching 4 years old about homosexuality and actively encouraging them into this doesn't seem like a lot of sense to me
You know how you have a mum and a dad? Some children might have two mums or two dads and that is perfectly fine

/end.

Such a radical concept
Zabidoo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tbh tho, I don't think they were just doing it becuz it was learning about relationships between lgbtq...most muslims just don't want their kids learning about relationships (full stop) at such a young age...
Why can't we just let our kids stat innocent while they're young?
I didn't have sex education until I was in yr 7, and that didn't effect me
Why do u have to learn about relationships at such a young age (4, 5, 6?)
It doesn't effect u in later life so why don't we just make it compulsory at secondary school? It's not as if they're allowed to have it until they're secondary school age anyway

Like, knock urself out and teach them about consent and where people shud and shudnt touch our bodies becuz thats about ur child's safety, but do they rly need to know the names of everything and how to do it? No...they don't NEED to...it just confuses them and they will forget about it anyway
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads