The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1611
not hate of people who are different to me, just hate of people whom God hates..

Gay people exist, have existed throughout history, in every country, every culture, every religion. There's little enough proof that God exists, but let's say that there is a world-creating deity out there, a celestial architect. How would you know which of the thousands of gods humanity has made in their own image is the true one? How would you know which one to worship, whether you're offending Zeus or Nuada or Ganesh in your misplaced fervour?

Gay people exist. That's not faith, that's fact. Let people live in peace, and don't presume you, of all people, are the recipient, arbiter, and preacher of the truth.
Original post by Decahedron
It is age appropriate material, read this thread and you will understand that.

Nobody is trying to change religions, our education is secular.

Fall for this? Please expand on that, what are they supposed to being falling for, that it is wrong to discriminate?

Telling children about homosexuality makes them gay? :facepalm2:

What is 'age appropriate' and what's not is very subjective. Clearly most parents thinks it's not age appropriate. They best know how much their kids know at that age.
Original post by looking2018
@EyestriX Okay, first thing: nobody can ever be "drawn" to homosexuality - either you're gay or bisexual or straight - or you aren't. You don't have a choice in the matter. Sexual attraction and romantic feelings occur naturally to the individual, they are not a choice. The fact that you need telling this, doesn't suggest much for your intelligence levels or your experience as a human being with feelings of sexual attraction, love and romance etc yourself.

Secondly, your point about being gay as a sin within Islam and that it always will be, is the very reason why Islam and a majority of Muslims can never and most likely will never, be able to integrate into the British way of life - your values are so at odds with Western, secular, liberal values.

Thirdly, you contradict yourself. You say it's fine for others to be gay and you'd treat them with respect and equality...except, of course...if they are Muslim! Then it is NOT fine for them to be gay.

Finally, difference of opinion is indeed fine. But when that opinion is hateful and intolerant of others simply for who they are by nature (skin colour, race, gender, sexual orientation etc) then it is NOT fine.

Fine, that's what you believe. I don't because I'm pretty sure that our creator knows us better than we know ourselves. It's not about intelligence.

No that's not what i said. It doesn't matter if they're Muslims or not. My point is I'm not God, i have no right to judge, mistreat or discriminate his creation because I don't know anything about what they've been through. We've been told to treat everyone equally and with respect. However if they are Muslim, it's our duty as brothers and sisters to care for them and lead them on the right path. If you care for someone, you help them not to commit a sin. It's not about hating them.
In the end though, God is the one who'll judge. If i was to judge them then I'd be implying I'm superior to him when I'm not.

It is neither hateful nor intolerant.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by EyestriX
What is 'age appropriate' and what's not is very subjective. Clearly most parents thinks it's not age appropriate. They best know how much their kids know at that age.

They were outside the school shouting about indoctrination of their "Muslim" children.

The parents at the other 120 schools teaching the scheme don't seem to have a problem, just these few Muslim parents.

Parents don't choose the curriculum and if they don't like it then they should home school.
This thread is being closed now, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending