Speed awareness course withdrawal by police Watch

Sciencefact
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was caught speeding and given the option for a driver awareness course had it booked then received a email from the course provider stating they have had correspondence from the police and I no longer need to complete the course I have had no letters from the police indicating any reason why this is the case. I phoned the company and they couldn’t tell me the reason, and said I should contact the police to find out why. I’m very worried as to why this has happened and as well as trying to contact the police I’m seeking advice from someone with experience with this situation thank you
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sciencefact)
I was caught speeding and given the option for a driver awareness course had it booked then received a email from the course provider stating they have had correspondence from the police and I no longer need to complete the course I have had no letters from the police indicating any reason why this is the case. I phoned the company and they couldn’t tell me the reason, and said I should contact the police to find out why. I’m very worried as to why this has happened and as well as trying to contact the police I’m seeking advice from someone with experience with this situation thank you
Best to just get your information from the Police rather than people speculate
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rejoice. I've sat through 2 speed awareness courses and if you're off the hook i'm glad for you. If you've been told not to go, I wouldn't worry too much about the reasons why. Just keep the proof!
Sciencefact
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I received a letter from the police saying due to a technical error they won’t be proceeding with the prosecution that’s the reason thank you for your replies
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sciencefact)
I received a letter from the police saying due to a technical error they won’t be proceeding with the prosecution that’s the reason thank you for your replies
Congratulations! Be a little more careful in future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads