Zabidoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I get lvl 3/4 in my history mocks and I can't do anything about it...
My teacher is good at teaching, but not at helping us in our mocks or going thru answers/mistakes - she doesn't even go thru answers
I don't know what to do to get better grades...I'm predicted a 6

What can I do to get my grade up quick? The exams start in 2 and a half months...
Any revision techniques that are useful given that there's only a short amount of time left?

I do American West, medicine, Elizabeth (which I'm doing rn) and causes of ww2 (idk what it's called)
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zabidoo)
I get lvl 3/4 in my history mocks and I can't do anything about it...
My teacher is good at teaching, but not at helping us in our mocks or going thru answers/mistakes - she doesn't even go thru answers
I don't know what to do to get better grades...I'm predicted a 6

What can I do to get my grade up quick? The exams start in 2 and a half months...
Any revision techniques that are useful given that there's only a short amount of time left?

I do American West, medicine, Elizabeth (which I'm doing rn) and causes of ww2 (idk what it's called)
What are your gaps in history. Is it understanding the context and/or exam techniques. If it's exam techniques could you specify what kind of question you struggle with. I'm an A-Level history student who did GCSE history and can offer support with exam techniques for GCSE history.
Zabidoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
What are your gaps in history. Is it understanding the context and/or exam techniques. If it's exam techniques could you specify what kind of question you struggle with. I'm an A-Level history student who did GCSE history and can offer support with exam techniques for GCSE history.
Its both
I understand medicine and ww2 (and I'm starting elizabeth so I understandthat so far) but when I'm in the exam, I can't remember key things and link them altogether...it's like everything I write just gets discarded even though I think I'm answering the question quite good...it's like that for ALL questions (apart from sources)...I don't know how to get full marks in questions or how to answer the questions...what things get credicted marks? Like, if I remembered specific dates, wud I get more marks?
Then revision techniques...I just don't know how to revise...what I want to do is make mindmaps for each topic or something (but I don't know how to do that), and also feel like it will waste my time (and there isn't much of that left)...I need something I wud be able to do quick (like reading notes which obviously doesnt rly work) but idk what

Sorry, I'm rly stressed 😂
I rly need to focus on my other subjects too as this is the only one I get low in, but if I cud get a lvl 4 (guaranteed) or a lvl 5 (which is what i want) by doing the smallest simplest things I'd be happy...
Last edited by Zabidoo; 1 year ago
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zabidoo)
Its both
I understand medicine and ww2 (and I'm starting elizabeth so I understandthat so far) but when I'm in the exam, I can't remember key things and link them altogether...it's like everything I write just gets discarded even though I think I'm answering the question quite good...I don't know how to get full marks in questions or how to answer the questions...what things get credicted marks? Like, if I remembered specific dates, wud I get more marks?
Then revision techniques...I just don't know how to revise...what I want to do is make mindmaps for each topic or something (but I don't know how to do that), and also feel like it will waste my time (and there isn't much of that left)...I need something I wud be able to do quick (like reading notes which obviously doesnt rly work) but idk what

Sorry, I'm rly stressed 😂
I rly need to focus on my other subjects too as this is the only one I get low in, but if I cud get a lvl 4 (guaranteed) or a lvl 5 (which is what i want) by doing the smallest simplest things I'd be happy...
I’ll response tomorrow evening as I’m busy - have mock exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads