The Student Room Group

Can a uni revoke my offer if I drop a subject not mentioned in my offer?

I'm a resit student and am planning on dropping Bio since my offer only mentions getting an A in physics - I got an A in Bio last year and a B in Physics - this year I'm resitting both and have a predicted A* in Bio and A in Physics

I don't see the point in resitting both when my offer only mentions 1
Original post by 134841422
I'm a resit student and am planning on dropping Bio since my offer only mentions getting an A in physics - I got an A in Bio last year and a B in Physics - this year I'm resitting both and have a predicted A* in Bio and A in Physics

i remember coming across a problem like this with my friend. We just called up the uni and asked! They said its fine for us, so try doing the same (calling the uni, not dropping the subject, etc)
Reply 2
Original post by alstudent_2019
i remember coming across a problem like this with my friend. We just called up the uni and asked! They said its fine for us, so try doing the same (calling the uni, not dropping the subject, etc)

I wanted it in written so I emailed them - if 3 years of correspondence with unis has taught me anything it is that always, always have proof

so did your friend drop the subject?
Original post by 134841422

Can they? Yes
Will they? Usually not but it’s a good idea to get written confirmation before you drop the resit. Even if they don’t agree you can just turn up to the exam, write your name and draw pictures on the exam sheet and still meet your offer...
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Can they? Yes
Will they? Usually not but it’s a good idea to get written confirmation before you drop the resit. Even if they don’t agree you can just turn up to the exam, write your name and draw pictures on the exam sheet and still meet your offer...

that actually sounds neat- I always have wanted to intentionally fail a national exam by just doodling the entire time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending