Nottingham GEM (A101) offer holders 2019 Watch

username4524976
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys I know it's early but thought it would make sense to start a forum so we don't bombard the main group and people who may be anxiously waiting interviews/offers!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! Great idea, thanks for starting a forum!
B3LL4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good thinking! Has anyone firmed Nottingham or are you hoping to go elsewhere?
username4524976
Rep:
?
I'm on the Swansea waiting list but I don't hold much hope and will likely be away during the remaining interviews! so 98% set on Nottingham how about you?
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I firmed Nottingham, it was my first choice so I’m so happy!
(Original post by B3LL4)
parsley43
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks for setting this up!
(Original post by B3LL4)
I haven't firmed yet as I'm still deliberating between this and a George's offer, but I'm definitely leaning towards Nottingham...
p.medic
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Undecided between Notts and got an offer for Exeter 5 year as well - is anyone else deciding between a 5 year and 4 year option? I'm so happy that we heard back now but also took me by surprise as I wasn't expecting anything until the end of April!
username4524976
Rep:
?
I live near Exeter and work at the RD&E hospital there so let me know if you have any questions about the area !
Chilledice
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congratulations everyone! Can you believe we did it?! How long have people been applying to med school at this point? This is technically my second application (but first GEM!)
B3LL4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've firmed Nottingham.

I'm so shocked to get an offer as it is my one and only application as I have family so can't relocate.

So sure I was that I wouldn't get in that I started a new job last month; I had to go into work yesterday and tell my new line manager I wouldn't be staying which was a very difficult conversation. To say she was a little unhappy is an understatement!
puddleduck
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congrats everyone! I'm in my second year of GEM (now in CP1)- if anyone has questions, feel free to ask me! Disclaimer: I'm 2 years removed from you, so what I say is definitely not gospel and things do change
Last edited by puddleduck; 2 months ago
Eleanorgrace22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey everyone, as potential future grad students doing undergrad medicine there is currently no tuition loan from student finance and there is a petition to allow second degree students in accessing more support, it needs 10,000 signatures so please sign and share! Thanks

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...5MYIw7HBx2xqdk
apple_s
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! Does anyone know if there will be an offer holder day? Received my offer but don't really know too much about the course, area etc.!
username4524976
Rep:
?
Yes it's the 18th May! They said in the invite to interview email. I suppose it could be changed but that's the date I'm saving
puddleduck
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Eleanorgrace22)
Hey everyone, as potential future grad students doing undergrad medicine there is currently no tuition loan from student finance and there is a petition to allow second degree students in accessing more support, it needs 10,000 signatures so please sign and share! Thanks

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...5MYIw7HBx2xqdk
There is for GEM, isn't there? Have they changed it?
B3LL4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by puddleduck)
Yes, there still is as I already applied for mine earlier today. For the first year we have to pay £3,465 of the tuition fee to the University and student finance gives us a loan of up to £5,785. I've also applied for a full maintenance loan of around £9K.
Eleanorgrace22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, yeah for GEM you can apply for tuition funding - I have just posted this petition to most medical school forums - but for grads on undergrad degrees there isn't tuition so please sign and share! thanks
(Original post by puddleduck)
mc_medic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, I emailed the uni to double check the date for the offer holders open day. They confirmed that it's on Saturday the 18th of May
Tpatel95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Excellent can’t wait to see you all there!
(Original post by mc_medic)
Hey guys, I emailed the uni to double check the date for the offer holders open day. They confirmed that it's on Saturday the 18th of May
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was wondering if anyone knows the first 18 month modules? Would be great to have an idea and get some background reading and prep done in advance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.71%
The paper was reasonable (357)
42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (164)
19.29%
It was TERRIBLE (136)
16%

Watched Threads