Ex Girlfriend of 2 years recently broke up with me, 1 month after she got new bf Watch

theranthrowaway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm sorry for such a long post, maybe it'll be cringey or just sound insanely stupid to you. But thanks for reading. To clarify, I want her back. Maybe you think i'm an idiot for wanting so. But I gotta do what I think is best for me. Maybe that makes me a braindead bonobo I guess. I apologise for the long write up and transcription.

But Thanks for reading and listening. We were together for 2 years+. We had broken up before. She said she didnt love me anymore and i didnt make her happy. Soon after we broke up she said that she likes someone else. They never got together though. 4-5 later we got back together. We had a great relationship, we were each other first bf/gf and long term bf/gf. 1+ years pass and we had an argument that caused a breakup. I was being jealous and whatnot, and after the argument she said she didnt love me anymore and I didnt make her happy. During that first month I guess I just kept trying to contact her.

After she got together with her new boyfriend I called her and I found out. After that I didnt contact her for 3 weeks or so. I broke no contact and called her and we talked. I've been improving, going out, meeting new women and whatnot, not just sitting on a hole. We talked on the phone for an hour and it went really well.

The last time I called her it was bad she told me never to call her again, dont speak to her, she said I wanted to hurt her feelings, she didnt want to talk to me, or else she'd change her number. But when we talked it went so well, she was constantly laughing at things I was talking about. We talked about some more casual stuff like what has she been up to and things in her life, talked about some memories and laughed. i was talking about my hair and how people always touch it, and she said she loved my hair. (i was surprised to hear that). Someone called me on skype and she heard. She then said don't worry its fine, take the call as someone had been calling her (her new boyfriend). But instead she basically just ignored it to talk to me, and continued to talk to me for like 25 mins until I said I had to go. She just kept laughing at things i'd say which made me happy. We also talked about her mental health and how's she feeling. I asked is life looking up for you? She said she i dont know. I asked her if she feels unhappy in general, she said I guess so. I talked about my interactions with some girl, cus there was funny interactions. She said it was weird hearing my voice, but it was good. Near the end of the conversation she said she was going to take a shower, so to keep the conversation going I joked about her unblocking me on whatsapp and text. she laughed and said maybe. I then asked her so for real, how have you actually been? She then said you answer first (went back and forth and she was laughing). She said she feels ok. I asked her if she feels happy everyday, she said no. She said she hasn't really felt anything recently, so its hard for her to say. She said she has an emotional attachment to the stuffed penguin i gave her (which has my beanie hat on it), and that's why she had to take it off her bed and put it next to the mirror. She said doing spontenous things makes her happy, and she hasnt done anything spontaneous recently.

Also, she has been hiding her relationship from me, which I wasnt too suprised about, however she did say that she was over me when i asked her, and whatnot, so I didnt really get why she would be hiding it. Although i know that there are some pictures of her and her new boyfriend together on his instagram, and probably some on her spam account. Personally, I want to think that shes in a rebound and is still attracted to me based on what happened. And she's hiding her relationship cus she still has feelings for me.

At the moment she is seeing that guy less and less because of exams, but i'm not sure if that will work for or against me. Should I try to contact her more?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If she's in a new relationship don't contact her.

People hide their new relationships because they don't want to unnecessarily hurt their ex. It doesn't mean they want them back.
pinkqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Why would u want to be with her? She’s doesn’t sound very loyal tbh you could probably do better...

As well as that maybe ask her straight up how she feels about you if not then try move on I don’t think she’s worth ur time especially if she’s already got a bf
Last edited by pinkqueen; 6 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
was this a long distance or short distance thing?
did u have a rebound,,, by the sounds of it?
how old are u guys, yu seem kinda young?
(Original post by theranthrowaway)
I'm sorry for such a long post, maybe it'll be cringey or just sound insanely stupid to you. But thanks for reading. To clarify, I want her back. Maybe you think i'm an idiot for wanting so. But I gotta do what I think is best for me. Maybe that makes me a braindead bonobo I guess. I apologise for the long write up and transcription.

But Thanks for reading and listening. We were together for 2 years+. We had broken up before. She said she didnt love me anymore and i didnt make her happy. Soon after we broke up she said that she likes someone else. They never got together though. 4-5 later we got back together. We had a great relationship, we were each other first bf/gf and long term bf/gf. 1+ years pass and we had an argument that caused a breakup. I was being jealous and whatnot, and after the argument she said she didnt love me anymore and I didnt make her happy. During that first month I guess I just kept trying to contact her.

After she got together with her new boyfriend I called her and I found out. After that I didnt contact her for 3 weeks or so. I broke no contact and called her and we talked. I've been improving, going out, meeting new women and whatnot, not just sitting on a hole. We talked on the phone for an hour and it went really well.

The last time I called her it was bad she told me never to call her again, dont speak to her, she said I wanted to hurt her feelings, she didnt want to talk to me, or else she'd change her number. But when we talked it went so well, she was constantly laughing at things I was talking about. We talked about some more casual stuff like what has she been up to and things in her life, talked about some memories and laughed. i was talking about my hair and how people always touch it, and she said she loved my hair. (i was surprised to hear that). Someone called me on skype and she heard. She then said don't worry its fine, take the call as someone had been calling her (her new boyfriend). But instead she basically just ignored it to talk to me, and continued to talk to me for like 25 mins until I said I had to go. She just kept laughing at things i'd say which made me happy. We also talked about her mental health and how's she feeling. I asked is life looking up for you? She said she i dont know. I asked her if she feels unhappy in general, she said I guess so. I talked about my interactions with some girl, cus there was funny interactions. She said it was weird hearing my voice, but it was good. Near the end of the conversation she said she was going to take a shower, so to keep the conversation going I joked about her unblocking me on whatsapp and text. she laughed and said maybe. I then asked her so for real, how have you actually been? She then said you answer first (went back and forth and she was laughing). She said she feels ok. I asked her if she feels happy everyday, she said no. She said she hasn't really felt anything recently, so its hard for her to say. She said she has an emotional attachment to the stuffed penguin i gave her (which has my beanie hat on it), and that's why she had to take it off her bed and put it next to the mirror. She said doing spontenous things makes her happy, and she hasnt done anything spontaneous recently.

Also, she has been hiding her relationship from me, which I wasnt too suprised about, however she did say that she was over me when i asked her, and whatnot, so I didnt really get why she would be hiding it. Although i know that there are some pictures of her and her new boyfriend together on his instagram, and probably some on her spam account. Personally, I want to think that shes in a rebound and is still attracted to me based on what happened. And she's hiding her relationship cus she still has feelings for me.

At the moment she is seeing that guy less and less because of exams, but i'm not sure if that will work for or against me. Should I try to contact her more?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads