The Student Room Group

Gap year opportunities

Hello all, I applied for Computer Science at uni this year and I am thinking of taking a gap year if I get good grades in the summer since I didn't get into the unis I wanted to and so I was wondering whether there were any tips to acquiring relevant CompSci/NatSci work experience? I know about YINI and will probably apply for that soon, I saw some other good places for work experience, like IBM and Accenture, but unfortunately I decided to maybe take a gap year a few days later than their application deadline. Thanks for any help!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey there! Unfortunately our gap year programme applications closed at the end January - we're sorry you missed out! However, a gap year is a great way to get some hands-on experience and is a way for you to network with professionals. It may also help when it comes around to applying for graduate roles in the future!

- Melissa :smile:
Original post by DragonsOfAsshai
Hello all, I applied for Computer Science at uni this year and I am thinking of taking a gap year if I get good grades in the summer since I didn't get into the unis I wanted to and so I was wondering whether there were any tips to acquiring relevant CompSci/NatSci work experience? I know about YINI and will probably apply for that soon, I saw some other good places for work experience, like IBM and Accenture, but unfortunately I decided to maybe take a gap year a few days later than their application deadline. Thanks for any help!

Just quoting you in as IBM replied :smile: Do you have any other questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending