Poll: How did your AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 go?
Loved the paper - Feeling positive (106)
38.55%
The paper was reasonable (129)
46.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
10.55%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
4%
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
AQA GCSE Geography 8035 - Paper 3 - 13th June

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:
  • 8035 Paper 3: Geographical applications 1h 15m 13 June 2019 am
:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...35-SP-2016.PDF
Spoiler:
Show

Paper 3: Geographical applications
What's assessed
3.3.1 Issue evaluation, 3.3.2 Fieldwork, 3.4 Geographical skills

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geog...ment-resources

:goodluck:

Last edited by 8472; 1 year ago
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
errr what are people doing with the pre-release booklet im stuck :dontknow:
fish finger fan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
I haven't done something with it yet, but when I did the mock, I made sure that I understood the topic, and understood what the booklet was about. I tried to guess the question that might come up, and started trying to come up with a suitable argument (tow sided/ balanced, but still coming to a conclusion)

e.g
The one for the mock was on building a reservoir in Oxfordshire, it also talked about water stress and potential water deficit within the U.K. I made sure that I understood the topic and what the booklet was on about. I thought the big question would be on weather or not to build the reservoir, so I tried to have a opinion on the matter before going in to the mock.

In this case, the pre-release is on building a road for a rain forest. It looks at how the forest is used. Make sure to know about the topic about rainforests, and about sustainable management. The big question for part A will probably be about building the road, asking if it is a good idea.

Hopefully this has been useful, good luck.
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fish finger fan)
I haven't done something with it yet, but when I did the mock, I made sure that I understood the topic, and understood what the booklet was about. I tried to guess the question that might come up, and started trying to come up with a suitable argument (tow sided/ balanced, but still coming to a conclusion)

e.g
The one for the mock was on building a reservoir in Oxfordshire, it also talked about water stress and potential water deficit within the U.K. I made sure that I understood the topic and what the booklet was on about. I thought the big question would be on weather or not to build the reservoir, so I tried to have a opinion on the matter before going in to the mock.

In this case, the pre-release is on building a road for a rain forest. It looks at how the forest is used. Make sure to know about the topic about rainforests, and about sustainable management. The big question for part A will probably be about building the road, asking if it is a good idea.

Hopefully this has been useful, good luck.
thank you for the advice, its brilliant!!

I was searching on TES and found some helpful resources for teachers and there were some possible questions for it so that should help
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
our head of geog gave us a booklet to help us analyse the booklet - i can send u the link if u want
clouddbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdahnnyboi)
our head of geog gave us a booklet to help us analyse the booklet - i can send u the link if u want
yeah i'd be interested to see it actually :yep:
lily3467
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes pleaase
gymdandy211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you send me the link please! You would be a lifesaver
Kieranboyer33
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you have the link?
lily3467
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
please send link
1102ha11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you please send it to me as well please x
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you send the link to me as well please, thank you.
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry guys, I was away, so didn't see alla y'all requests
Here it is:
gymdandy211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry guys, I was away, so didn't see alla y'all requests
Here it is:
Hi! You haven’t attached the link x
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought I did sorry - idk why it won't work, i tried so many times. I might have to email it to u instead cos it just won't work.
PM ur email if u want it and ill send it to u really sorry gymdandy211 1102ha11 lily3467 fish finger fan clouddbubbles
(Original post by gymdandy211)
Hi! You haven’t attached the link x
ilostmyheads
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can someone please try to attach the link here
Please
ilostmyheads
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can someone please try to attach the link here
Please.
Thank You!
DragoWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im confused what we are supposed to the information in the booklet for. I haven't done a mock for it and my whole class is falling behind because of our teacher. it would be really nice if you guys can explain the paper for me
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DragoWolf)
im confused what we are supposed to the information in the booklet for. I haven't done a mock for it and my whole class is falling behind because of our teacher. it would be really nice if you guys can explain the paper for me
The first section of the paper is about the booklet. A fresh copy of the booklet will be given to you in the exam. This years booklet is on deforestation and road building in Peru. In the exam you will be asked questions about the booklet, that is in front of you. Questions will be like analysing the graphs, and defining terms. At the end of part a, there will be a big question, probably on weather or not the road should be built. Maybe come up with your own opinion before going in to the exam, look at all of the information.

Part b of the paper is about the fieldwork that you would have done earlier this year. The questions will be about what you actually did.

Hopefully this is useful. Feel free to ask if you are still confused. Good luck. This is probably the easier of the 3 papers.
Olivia800000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
pls could u send to me it would rlly help x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads