The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Why’d they use the regional structures for the diffirent cultures, due to their transnational statergy (Bartlett and ghosal) etc
Original post by anniebb
what did people put for the question about regional vs functional structures ???
you can also talk about how regional managers would be experienced in their own region and make better decisions based off of their region's expertise, in comparison to a functional organisational structure where managers would be dealing with different regions for the same market. Hence, they would have a hard time making decisions based on the regions where decisions need to be made. Planning and strategy would've been harder for a functional structure hence adopting a regional structure would give a clear sense for the managers to make effective and detailed decisions, and allow them to make independent decisions when analysing their department in the market.
Original post by HDBW
Why’d they use the regional structures for the diffirent cultures, due to their transnational statergy (Bartlett and ghosal) etc
(edited 4 years ago)
For paper 3, how are you guys going to manage your time? In paper 2 I was unable to fully conclude my last 16 markers so im just wondering how i should time myself when doing paper 3 to make sure i at least answer all the questions at a good quality
I'm not sure whether this would work or not, but for 16 markers I'd say like spend around 2/4/4/6 or 2/3/3/8 mins on intro/point 1/point 2/Conclusion. Try it out with a 16 marker before the test and see if it works out.
Original post by PlanetFelix
For paper 3, how are you guys going to manage your time? In paper 2 I was unable to fully conclude my last 16 markers so im just wondering how i should time myself when doing paper 3 to make sure i at least answer all the questions at a good quality
Original post by PlanetFelix

I always answer my papers from the highest markers to lowest markers and still manage to finish my answers fully, for paper 3 definitely do the 16/20/24 markers first, i usually spend around 16-20 minutes for each one which leaves enough time to do the last two 12 markers
(edited 4 years ago)
what do you guys think will come up for paper 3 tomorrow?
Investment appraisal and Financial Ratios
Original post by Basic101
what do you guys think will come up for paper 3 tomorrow?
Reply 187
roughly how many pages do your 20 and 24 markers end up, i write 4 and a half pages and it takes too much time
also what structure do you use 2 for 2 against?

Original post by maisie00
I always answer my papers from the highest markers to lowest markers and still manage to finish my answers fully, for paper 3 definitely do the 16/20/24 markers first, i usually spend around 16-20 minutes for each one which leaves enough time to do the last two 12 markers
Original post by ib51
roughly how many pages do your 20 and 24 markers end up, i write 4 and a half pages and it takes too much time
also what structure do you use 2 for 2 against?

I do around 2-3 pages for each, and the structure i do is 1x paragraph for and 1x paragraph against but these include multiple points and evaluation at the end of each, then one last paragraph as a overall conclusion. I’ve always done this method throughout a level and it’s been useful
(edited 4 years ago)
My structure is usually an intro with definition, 3 chunky paragraphs with evaluations and a ajim conclusion. And yeah it usually takes up 3 pages. tbh I wouldn't worry about the amount of pages, just what you write, the structure and time.
Reply 190
3 chunky paras? isnt that unbalanced
also, whats ajim?
Original post by Basic101
My structure is usually an intro with definition, 3 chunky paragraphs with evaluations and a ajim conclusion. And yeah it usually takes up 3 pages. tbh I wouldn't worry about the amount of pages, just what you write, the structure and time.
Original post by ib51
3 chunky paras? isnt that unbalanced
also, whats ajim?

a AJIM conclusion is answer the question (choosing whether you’re for/against), justify your point/view, evaluating with ‘it depends on’ then explaining the most important reason for your point
(edited 4 years ago)
is there a paper 3 thread ?
I guess it's a little unbalanced but with high mark questions they usually ask for a judgment which makes it easier. Also usually adding in 3 points can help to reach pretty high marks as ur putting in a range of points instead of it kinda being limited to just two. also "ajim" is a Point/conclusion, Justification, It depends upon and Main conclusion.
Reply 194
dont think so
Original post by Harry145
is there a paper 3 thread ?
How much marks would you get out of a 25 marker if you forget to mention all businesses?
What do you mean 'all businesses' ? Like contextualising it?
Original post by we1less
How much marks would you get out of a 25 marker if you forget to mention all businesses?
No point writing 3 pages or more, just use 2 pages maximum unless your hand writing is crap
What’s the best structure to have for paper 3?
How did you guys feel about the third paper? I was quite surprised as to how well it went, though the one thing I did realise is that everyone that didn't have extra time didn't manage or hardly managed to finish the last 24 marker. The only question I slightly messed up on was the ARR question. Though, that was only a 16 marker so it's fine. I'll still get marks for having evaluated and I also wrote the formulas.

Latest

Trending

Trending