The Student Room Group

What did you wish you had remembered to bring for uni?

What do you wish you or someone you know had remembered to pack or what was something you brought that ended up being very useful in your first week or two at uni?
Original post by HunnnyBee
What do you wish you or someone you know had remembered to pack or what was something you brought that ended up being very useful in your first week or two at uni?

For some reason I completely forgot to pack a water-proof coat. I was at uni in North Wales, which gets exponential amounts of wind and rain, so I desperately needed one from the get-go.
Original post by HunnnyBee

Hi @HunnnyBee,

A doorstop always comes up as something that people unexpectedly needed/found useful.

Have a read of our blog post about packing for uni, and scroll to the bottom for a handy and very comprehensive packing list!
My DVDs and some more (non course related) books.

There are things like Tupperware and a cafetiere which I bought here soon after arriving, but it was no harder buying them in my uni city than at home, so I don't regret not bringing them from home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending