The Student Room Group

Dataset help for postgraduate social research dissertation - criminology

Hi all,

I am just gathering ideas for my Dissertation for my masters and I am a bit stuck. I am a social research student with an undergraduate degree in Criminology and would like to write my current dissertation on this topic.

I am interested in the rehabilitation of offenders in the UK and would like to measure the effectiveness of rehabilitation in prisons for example.

Firstly, I would prefer to use secondary data and I am wondering if a survey or questionnaire would be the best method to carry out for this topic?

Secondly, where on earth can I find a (survey) data set on this topic if I choose to use a survey, that I can use on SPSS? I have no idea on where to look or how to find one.

Also if I were to choose interviews as my method, where would I find a full length interview to use as secondary data in my dissertation?

As a research student I do not think even if we are using secondary data, that we are allowed just to use literature to write our study. We would need access to a data set or qualitative data.

Can anybody help?

Thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending