Google maps offline?

Watch this thread
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by nhungthientai)
Hi all
I use google maps in my k810. I have a problem with this software and that’s about maps! it needs to connect to internet to load maps. is there any way to load maps offline? I mean a link that we can download maps and satellite pictures and then put them into phone (just like wayfinder navigator). Any1 can help me?
Not sure myself of whether this exists
However if you are aware of the place you are wanting to go in advance, load google maps and take screenshots of the area you need? Obviously this is not ideal but it can solve some of your issue

:bump:
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nhungthientai)
Hi all
I use google maps in my k810. I have a problem with this software and that’s about maps! it needs to connect to internet to load maps. is there any way to load maps offline? I mean a link that we can download maps and satellite pictures and then put them into phone (just like wayfinder navigator). Any1 can help me?
If you mean the Sony Ericsson K810i then I don't think this phone is capable of caching any maps to use offline, as least I don't remember being able to do so when I had a K800i over 10 years ago.

You should really get a new phone - trying to use the internet on a non-smartphone from 2006 (a year before the first iPhone!) is terrible. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, then even the cheapest Androids for £100 will be miles ahead of your Sony Ericsson.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’ve been able to use it offline as it seems to download local maps from time to time for this scenario. No idea how to make it happen though.
(This is on a Galaxy S8 though)
Last edited by Bio 7; 3 years ago
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The phone was pretty good for 2006, you could download Opera and it also had a basic Google Maps application, which could roughly locate you using the phone network and load maps to a reasonably high quality.

However, I'd hate to think that someone is still trying to use this interface today, in fact it's surprising that the phone so old is still working - the joystick on mine fell off and the battery was dreadful after four years. The fact that OP is asking about Wayfinder Navigator gives me the impression he's been living off the grid or something for the last decade - just get a smartphone please. :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
19.42%
The paper was reasonable (171)
38.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.56%
It was TERRIBLE (71)
15.85%

Watched Threads