Timosi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a current offer holder for Bsc computer science and was wondering how many students go onto a work placement.
Anonymous one
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I also applied to warwick for computer science but got rejected. I think it was Cause of my predicted grades/ gcses 😭
mee2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
same bro. i got rejected too
JaguarLover101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Timosi)
I am a current offer holder for Bsc computer science and was wondering how many students go onto a work placement.
Hey, I'm a first year Comp Sci.

By work placement do you mean year in industry/internships? Or do you mean after you graduate?

In terms of years in industry, these are currently offered, however I don't think they're as pushed/have as much uptake as other unis: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/te.../intercalated/ Though sometimes if you get a good internship they'll invite you back.

Internships are definitely pushed, I've personally got an internship lined up this summer and there has been lots of support to help me get this with frequent visits from companies etc. Internships have the advantage that they look really good for experience, but don't take a full year out.
Timosi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm talking about the intercalated year, which I would like to take if I study at Warwick. However, I don't want to come back from an intercalated year where almost everyone else has already graduated if they are doing a 3-year course. So I was wondering what percentage of students actually go onto one.
(Original post by JaguarLover101)
Hey, I'm a first year Comp Sci.

By work placement do you mean year in industry/internships? Or do you mean after you graduate?

In terms of years in industry, these are currently offered, however I don't think they're as pushed/have as much uptake as other unis: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/te.../intercalated/ Though sometimes if you get a good internship they'll invite you back.

Internships are definitely pushed, I've personally got an internship lined up this summer and there has been lots of support to help me get this with frequent visits from companies etc. Internships have the advantage that they look really good for experience, but don't take a full year out.
JaguarLover101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Timosi)
I'm talking about the intercalated year, which I would like to take if I study at Warwick. However, I don't want to come back from an intercalated year where almost everyone else has already graduated if they are doing a 3-year course. So I was wondering what percentage of students actually go onto one.
Not too sure on that one I'm afraid, I think the best thing would be to get in touch with the department: [email protected] they will have the info, I do believe that less than 50% go on a year in industry, though over 50% do internships.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads