Do paper 1 topics come up on paper 2?

Watch
fish finger fan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year 11, so it is GCSE.

Today I did my paper 2 AQA triple science higher chemistry mock. I'm pretty certain that one or two of the questions required knowledge from paper 1, such as personalities of element groups. Is this normal? Should I briefly revise the paper 1 topics as well as the paper 2 topics for the real thing?
sadasd23ev3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, you need knowledge from paper 1 as well to understand the paper fully. BTW, what paper did you do, a past paper or one from cgp. thanks
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fish finger fan)
I'm in year 11, so it is GCSE.

Today I did my paper 2 AQA triple science higher chemistry mock. I'm pretty certain that one or two of the questions required knowledge from paper 1, such as personalities of element groups. Is this normal? Should I briefly revise the paper 1 topics as well as the paper 2 topics for the real thing?
Paper 1:
What's assessed
Topics 1–5: Atomic structure and the periodic table; Bonding, structure, and the properties of matter; Quantitative chemistry, Chemical changes; and Energy changes.

Paper 2:
What's assessed
Topics 6–10: The rate and extent of chemical change; Organic chemistry; Chemical analysis, Chemistry of the atmosphere; and Using resources.

The content will be different but an overall understanding of topics from one paper can help with another
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sadasd23ev3)
Yes, you need knowledge from paper 1 as well to understand the paper fully. BTW, what paper did you do, a past paper or one from cgp. thanks
I think that it was a past paper, can't really remember, didn't go so well, so I tried to forget that it happened. Thank you so much for the help.
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8472)
Paper 1:
What's assessed
Topics 1–5: Atomic structure and the periodic table; Bonding, structure, and the properties of matter; Quantitative chemistry, Chemical changes; and Energy changes.

Paper 2:
What's assessed
Topics 6–10: The rate and extent of chemical change; Organic chemistry; Chemical analysis, Chemistry of the atmosphere; and Using resources.

The content will be different but an overall understanding of topics from one paper can help with another
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (188)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.09%
I still don't know (93)
16.52%

Watched Threads