The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 - 20 May 2019 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

WHAT ARE THOSEEE???? Were there extra mocks available for aqa?
Original post by Suleman271
Can anyone send Feb March 2019 paper 2??? I just realised that I have not solved it yet... plzzz
Original post by Taran4u
WHAT ARE THOSEEE???? Were there extra mocks available for aqa?

You have to be part of the secret society to gain access
Any grade boundary predictions?
Reply 83
Looking at the last 2 years , 60% would roughly be an A and 73% A*. But this is just dependent in how easy/hard the paper is and how well ppl do as whole year group across the country.
Original post by Taran4u
Sure, send me your email via dm

Are you able to send me it as well?
Reply 85
Original post by y_h1
Looking at the last 2 years , 60% would roughly be an A and 73% A*. But this is just dependent in how easy/hard the paper is and how well ppl do as whole year group across the country.

i think it will probably be the same this year round too. low 70s for an A*
How did everyone find the 2017 and 2018 papers? What were your marks for paper 1?
Reply 87
Original post by PLEASEHELP12121
How did everyone find the 2017 and 2018 papers? What were your marks for paper 1?

i found the 2018 paper a little easier than the 2017 one. what about you?
I thought 2018 wasn't too too bad. I think it will be a horrible paper this year :frown:
The 2018 paper was significantly easier for me. The 2017 paper included more of the challenging topics; but one could argue it's not reflected by a huge change in the grade boundaries (that's just my opinion). Contrary to that however, the previous cohorts may have been more smarter that us.
The 2017 paper required 61, 50 and 42 marks for an A*, A, OR B respectively.
The 2018 paper required 66, 56 and 47 marks for an A*, A, OR B respectively.
Original post by j.1.2
i found the 2018 paper a little easier than the 2017 one. what about you?
Now, who shall we nominate to make the unofficial mark scheme?:smile:
After all, its a yearly tradition.
Original post by PLEASEHELP12121
Now, who shall we nominate to make the unofficial mark scheme?:smile:
Wdym? Pls, Idc much about suspense.
Original post by Afterlife?
You have to be part of the secret society to gain access
Reply 93
Sent you my email in DMs, would very much appreciate it if you sent me the practice papers
Original post by Taran4u
Can you send it me too please.
Original post by Mya_oty
Are you able to send me it as well?

Original post by Taran4u
no problem mate - just covered all of paper's 1 content on the board and of course, my predictions of it, which is pretty much whole of mechanics to be safe lol...... hmmm circular motion 2mrw i thiink
Original post by Dom631
Sorry that's all I got
Anyone else find that ice cube and iron density question in the 2018 AS paper 1 very tricky to get your head round or was it just me lol. Kinda stressing that they'll ask something similar again if people found it tough
What is it?
Original post by James 9
Does anyone have the ZigZag practice paper for paper 1 and is willing to share it ? It would be much appreciated .
Reply 98
It's 4 practice papers for each of the 3 papers in AQA .

https://zigzageducation.co.uk/synopses/6632-aqa-as-a-level-physics-practice-exams
Original post by Piyush_ppk
What is it?
Original post by eniolaaaaa
Hey , Can someone please help out with this question 6. It’s on Simple Harmonics motion

https://downloads.umutech.net/Physics/Past_Papers/PHYA04%20-%20Fields%20&%20Further%20Mechanics/SA/AQA-PHYA41-QP-JUN15.PDF

Is it B?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending