The Student Room Group

Could I get into this course?

I have decided that I want to study business with a modern language, this would either be Spanish or Japanese. But I'm worried that I might not be able to get onto the course since I've never done a modern language apart from Welsh.

I need some advice could I realistically get onto a joint honours degree course?
Original post by Maya.ya
I have decided that I want to study business with a modern language, this would either be Spanish or Japanese. But I'm worried that I might not be able to get onto the course since I've never done a modern language apart from Welsh.

I need some advice could I realistically get onto a joint honours degree course?

It seems unlikely that you would be able to do a joint honours degree in something like Spanish without having studied it at GCSE, let alone A level. There would be more opportunities to study Business with Japanese, it's just a case of googling it (or doing a UCAS search) and researching possible Unis. SOAS and Manchester Uni both do courses that might appeal to you, for example.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
It seems unlikely that you would be able to do a joint honours degree in something like Spanish without having studied it at GCSE, let alone A level. There would be more opportunities to study Business with Japanese, it's just a case of googling it (or doing a UCAS search) and researching possible Unis. SOAS and Manchester Uni both do courses that might appeal to you, for example.

Thank you for the advice, I'll give Manchester a look.
Original post by Maya.ya

Look for 'ab initio' language courses, ie those taught from scratch.

Quick Reply

Latest