GCSE English Literature 2019 Predictions (Edexcel) Watch

Etern1ty
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Does anybody have any idea on the themes and questions that have come up since the switch to 9-1?

Macbeth
An Inspector Calls
A Christmas Carol
bryanthoma.s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
or even

Macbeth
Inspector calls
Jekyll and Hyde
radicolous
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
never seen these texts before in my life think i might just fail
bryanthoma.s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
u do gcses right?
(Original post by emacsrose)
never seen these texts before in my life think i might just fail
fccde343i
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I a doing the IGCSE edexcel 1-9:I talked to all my teachers and we predicted the poems will be war photographer la belle dame and blseeing
summy898
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
my teacher gave us a few questions that could come up (inspector calls and maccy B) I do Edexcel btwinspector:character studies on Eric, Sheila, Eva or the inspector. Reputation, Judgement, family, power, generation gap, class/ gender, relationships.macbeth:character studies on Macduff, Banquo, Lady Macbeth. ambition, mental deterioration, power, manipulation, fate, good ruler, status.Sorry that this is such a large list, it's such a new GCSE that they could almost ask anything. these are the main ones to look at though. Remember in the whole text questions (if you're doing Edexcel) to use synonyms and opposites of words to answer the question and change it to make it easier (like if it asks about guilt in an inspector calls you can talk about the lack of guilt). if you need to know about the poems too they did poison tree (anger) then Belfast confetti (war) so it will most likely be a relationship or race poem.Good luck everyone, and remember, if you do badly don't beat yourself up. Think on the bright side we're just bringing the grade boundaries down for the greater good!
FaseehaN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
U HELPED ME WAAY MORE THAN U THINK. THANK YOU. Imma learn all the relationship and race poems now. not gonna bother going into detail with the rest
(Original post by summy898)
my teacher gave us a few questions that could come up (inspector calls and maccy B) I do Edexcel btwinspector:character studies on Eric, Sheila, Eva or the inspector. Reputation, Judgement, family, power, generation gap, class/ gender, relationships.macbeth:character studies on Macduff, Banquo, Lady Macbeth. ambition, mental deterioration, power, manipulation, fate, good ruler, status.Sorry that this is such a large list, it's such a new GCSE that they could almost ask anything. these are the main ones to look at though. Remember in the whole text questions (if you're doing Edexcel) to use synonyms and opposites of words to answer the question and change it to make it easier (like if it asks about guilt in an inspector calls you can talk about the lack of guilt). if you need to know about the poems too they did poison tree (anger) then Belfast confetti (war) so it will most likely be a relationship or race poem.Good luck everyone, and remember, if you do badly don't beat yourself up. Think on the bright side we're just bringing the grade boundaries down for the greater good!
Piranavi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
identity already came up on the specimen papers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.4%
No (175)
34.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed