Can you change your mind about degree choice after results day? (Read below) Watch

Benjidude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Let's say I applied for Course Y, I get an offer and put Course Y as my firm choice.

Results day arrives and I meet the requirements for Course Y, so I've been accepted. However recently I've been having doubts about whether Course Y is really for me.

I check out Clearing and I see Course Z at the same University that I am going to do Course Y at. However I meet the requirements for Course Z in Clearing and I no longer want to do Course Y.

Can I change from Course Y to Course Z?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Benjidude)
Let's say I applied for Course Y, I get an offer and put Course Y as my firm choice.

Results day arrives and I meet the requirements for Course Y, so I've been accepted. However recently I've been having doubts about whether Course Y is really for me.

I check out Clearing and I see Course Z at the same University that I am going to do Course Y at. However I meet the requirements for Course Z in Clearing and I no longer want to do Course Y.

If there's space then yes you can ask the university to do so.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

You don’t have to wait until results day. You can ask if a switch is possible now.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Those Ys and Zs got me all:unsure: But if you want to change courses, you should phone Admissions now as it's a case of the sooner the better (if they have places on the new course and you meet the entry requierements, they should let you swap)
Benjidude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
If there's space then yes you can ask the university to do so.
Ok. Would I have to let my college know as well because I submitted my UCAS application via them? (I haven't picked Firm and Insurance yet)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ok. Would I have to let my college know as well because I submitted my UCAS application via them? (I haven't picked Firm and Insurance yet)
No you don't have to let your college know
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It’s worth asking now whether each university is likely to allow swapping courses. That way you have some idea how flexible they are before you commit to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads