UCAS teacher training not accepting my personal statement Watch

tomlam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So err I've done my personal statement and put it through numerous personal statement checkers, but when I try and submit it it says I'm 5 lines over :/ Anyone else having this issue? How could it possibly be 5 lines over? So annoyed like.
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
my personal statement was more than 4 lines. Your UCAS personal statement can only have 47 lines or less than 4, 000 characters (I think). I used to believe it was only 4, 000 characters however, there is a line limit and some software's may not be accurate as I found on word my UCAS characters were less than the limit but once I copy and pasted it, the word count surpassed the limit.
Jess104
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You have to cut it down. You can copy/paste as you're writing/tweaking it in word ect. into the UCAS website, it doesn't matter that the ps checkers said it's fine - it has to be accepted by the one in UCAS.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tomlam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jess104)
You have to cut it down. You can copy/paste as you're writing/tweaking it in word ect. into the UCAS website, it doesn't matter that the ps checkers said it's fine - it has to be accepted by the one in UCAS.
(Original post by 12haywardJ)
my personal statement was more than 4 lines. Your UCAS personal statement can only have 47 lines or less than 4, 000 characters (I think). I used to believe it was only 4, 000 characters however, there is a line limit and some software's may not be accurate as I found on word my UCAS characters were less than the limit but once I copy and pasted it, the word count surpassed the limit.
Yeah, ended up cutting it down ugh, 1/10th of my personal statemement just gone and it now feels like a shell of what it once was :/
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomlam)
So err I've done my personal statement and put it through numerous personal statement checkers, but when I try and submit it it says I'm 5 lines over :/ Anyone else having this issue? How could it possibly be 5 lines over? So annoyed like.
The limit is 4,000 characters or 47 lines, whichever comes first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (47)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
13.94%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.46%
How can I be the best version of myself? (139)
30.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed