AQA- Black Ink?!?!?!?!?!?! Watch

Wilsonator
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by stranger101)
I just said what I was told. The invigilators said that they do not want to see anyone writing in blue pen, and in fact the General Studies exam started late because they had to go and find around 20 people some black pens to write in because they only had blue - even though it said on the front you could write in black or blue.
Same here, I found it quite amusing when the teachers started to run to get some pens.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by stranger101)
I just said what I was told. The invigilators said that they do not want to see anyone writing in blue pen, and in fact the General Studies exam started late because they had to go and find around 20 people some black pens to write in because they only had blue - even though it said on the front you could write in black or blue.
Clearly, the invigilators at your institution are not following the instructions for invigilators then, are they?
Emmalouise1990
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wilsonator)
It would have been nice is our teachers had been.

The amount of hands that went up when they asked who needed a black pen lol.
lol.I can't believe they didn't tell you. :rolleyes: Half the room put their hands up today anyway, I don't think they've been listening to the whole "bring a black pen to EVERY exam" rule.lol.

One of my friends emptied her pencil case out and filled it with purely black pens last night. She has a bit of a complex about the pen running out of ink during the exam.lol. :rolleyes:
Mr Nonsense
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
on all the ocr papers it says blue or black
Thy-Lanky-One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope that in the english lit exam tomorrow it says that you can use blue or black ink because i hate the rollerball pens the school give you, hence why i normally write in either fountain pen or a blue gel ink rollerball pen. Don't seem to have a nice black pen in the house either.

(100 posts =])
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The invigilators just read out the bit saying you can use black OR blue ink so most people in my school are blissfully unaware of any changes.
adam_1234
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Our AQA maths exam said black only, but the deputy head obviously didn't read it and just announced blue or black were allowed. Sneekily lent the person next to me a black pen :eek:

I wish they'd start paying attention to these papers - apparently with our OCR one the other day it said our names had to be written in block capitals but we weren't told to do so.
Wilsonator
(Original post by adam_1234)
Our AQA maths exam said black only, but the deputy head obviously didn't read it and just announced blue or black were allowed. Sneekily lent the person next to me a black pen :eek:

I wish they'd start paying attention to these papers - apparently with our OCR one the other day it said our names had to be written in block capitals but we weren't told to do so.
You shouldn't rely on other people to tell you these things :p:
Matthewsimpson
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Surely pencils show up less than blue ink? For drawing diagrams and so on...that's been my experience anyway.
Wilsonator
(Original post by Matthewsimpson)
Surely pencils show up less than blue ink? For drawing diagrams and so on...that's been my experience anyway.
That's what you'd think but apparently not.
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
I hate writing in black ink. I have a really nice blue parker pen I used for writing all my essays with, it's so comfortable to write with compared to other pens which kill my hand more than usual. Plus, I find black ink makes my work look messy, with blue everything looks less intimidating..

Also, I never write my name in block capitals... Is that a bad thing? I've never noticed before. As long as candidate number and centre number are correct I don't see how that would really be a problem.. hmm....
adam_1234
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't normally write in black but I prefer it for exams, how strange.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why argue? Is it so hard to write in black?
thebestusernameever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wtf for edexcel our invigilators say blue or black ink, and ive used blue for all the past exams ive done!
[m a a r i.]
Report 11 years ago
im still using blue ink.
rawr.
gonna just search for one black pen XD
even though im doing edexcel i want the examiners to see my work clearly
thebestusernameever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey were you in our exam today?
sdiana91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh, i didn't know they get scanned through!! i wrote a little note to my examiner asking for help, wonder what they'll say to that!?!
Blaber
Report 11 years ago
I noticed it said on the from of the AQA Eng Lit today that it was black ink only...

What about the other exam boards?
adam_1234
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think WJEC said black too.
westlake
Report 11 years ago
We were told a few months back that it was black in only for all exams, but then again that's probably our school being its usual self.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads