mistake on my provisional license form

Watch
taliaa3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I applied for my provisional online, but did not have a UK passport so DVLA sent me a form to complete in the post. However, I think I have made a mistake in the signature and I don't want to wait another week for them to send through another copy - so I am wondering if I can cover it with a bit of paper or a plain white sticker or some correction tape or will my application be rejected?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by taliaa3)
I applied for my provisional online, but did not have a UK passport so DVLA sent me a form to complete in the post. However, I think I have made a mistake in the signature and I don't want to wait another week for them to send through another copy - so I am wondering if I can cover it with a bit of paper or a plain white sticker or some correction tape or will my application be rejected?
licence*
taliaa3
Rep:
?
Thanks for pointing that out, you can tell I’m tired haha - any help with the situation though?
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for pointing that out, you can tell I’m tired haha - any help with the situation though?
just wait and see. you will soon learn that this country is full of stupid pen-pushers, so don't be surprised at all if the mistake gets ignored and you get your licence with no problem.
taliaa3
Rep:
?
Good shout 😂
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What SORT of mistake? As that specimen signature is what ends up on your license.
taliaa3
Rep:
?
I did a proper signature (as in, it all squiggled, if you get what I mean) instead of just printing my name/surname. Do you think if I cover it up, it’ll get rejected?
Bubblylibra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it nit possible to get a form from the post office anymore?
OBaIMA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did a proper signature (as in, it all squiggled, if you get what I mean) instead of just printing my name/surname. Do you think if I cover it up, it’ll get rejected?
That’s what you’re supposed to do in the signature box for a licence. It gets printed on to your licence.

If it’s wrong it will get rejected. Might as well just wait to see what happens.
taliaa3
Rep:
?
Okay, thankyou
julietlima3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have pretty much a scribble on my driving licence. If it's your usual signature, then what's the problem?
taliaa3
Rep:
?
It’s just that when I applied for my passport, they just want my name printed instead of a squiggle
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s just that when I applied for my passport, they just want my name printed instead of a squiggle
Uh.. the signature box on the Passport application form is supposed to be.. well.. your signature - it's the same for your driving licence.
julietlima3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Uh.. the signature box on the Passport application form is supposed to be.. well.. your signature - it's the same for your driving licence.
Could be different for another country's passport.
taliaa3
Rep:
?
Yeah, I think that is why
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by julietlima3)
Could be different for another country's passport.
Didn't spot they weren't a UK national - touché.
Proscovia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I received my provisional licence last week but there was a slight mistake on it my door number was not included on what can I do?
Patelakshay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How can i take again provisional licence online completion form
Last edited by Patelakshay; 1 year ago
Rehal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I applied for my provisional driving licence but I had made mistake in my name so that's why I can't book the date of theory test . Is that the same form of provisional driving licence and correction paper . Can u send me the copy plzz..
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Rehal)
I applied for my provisional driving licence but I had made mistake in my name so that's why I can't book the date of theory test . Is that the same form of provisional driving licence and correction paper . Can u send me the copy plzz..
Go to the post office.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads