The Student Room Group

mistake on my provisional license form

I applied for my provisional online, but did not have a UK passport so DVLA sent me a form to complete in the post. However, I think I have made a mistake in the signature and I don't want to wait another week for them to send through another copy - so I am wondering if I can cover it with a bit of paper or a plain white sticker or some correction tape or will my application be rejected?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by taliaa3
I applied for my provisional online, but did not have a UK passport so DVLA sent me a form to complete in the post. However, I think I have made a mistake in the signature and I don't want to wait another week for them to send through another copy - so I am wondering if I can cover it with a bit of paper or a plain white sticker or some correction tape or will my application be rejected?

licence*
Reply 2
Thanks for pointing that out, you can tell I’m tired haha - any help with the situation though?
Original post by taliaa3
Thanks for pointing that out, you can tell I’m tired haha - any help with the situation though?

just wait and see. you will soon learn that this country is full of stupid pen-pushers, so don't be surprised at all if the mistake gets ignored and you get your licence with no problem.
Reply 4
Good shout 😂
What SORT of mistake? As that specimen signature is what ends up on your license.
Reply 6
I did a proper signature (as in, it all squiggled, if you get what I mean) instead of just printing my name/surname. Do you think if I cover it up, it’ll get rejected?
Is it nit possible to get a form from the post office anymore?
Reply 8
Original post by taliaa3
I did a proper signature (as in, it all squiggled, if you get what I mean) instead of just printing my name/surname. Do you think if I cover it up, it’ll get rejected?

That’s what you’re supposed to do in the signature box for a licence. It gets printed on to your licence.

If it’s wrong it will get rejected. Might as well just wait to see what happens.
Reply 9
Okay, thankyou
Original post by taliaa3

I have pretty much a scribble on my driving licence. If it's your usual signature, then what's the problem?
Reply 11
It’s just that when I applied for my passport, they just want my name printed instead of a squiggle
Reply 12
Original post by taliaa3
It’s just that when I applied for my passport, they just want my name printed instead of a squiggle

Uh.. the signature box on the Passport application form is supposed to be.. well.. your signature - it's the same for your driving licence.
Original post by IWMTom
Uh.. the signature box on the Passport application form is supposed to be.. well.. your signature - it's the same for your driving licence.

Could be different for another country's passport.
Reply 14
Yeah, I think that is why
Reply 15
Original post by julietlima3
Could be different for another country's passport.

Didn't spot they weren't a UK national - touché.
Hi I received my provisional licence last week but there was a slight mistake on it my door number was not included on what can I do?
How can i take again provisional licence online completion form
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
I applied for my provisional driving licence but I had made mistake in my name so that's why I can't book the date of theory test . Is that the same form of provisional driving licence and correction paper . Can u send me the copy plzz..
Reply 19
Original post by Rehal
I applied for my provisional driving licence but I had made mistake in my name so that's why I can't book the date of theory test . Is that the same form of provisional driving licence and correction paper . Can u send me the copy plzz..

Go to the post office.

Quick Reply

Latest