The Student Room Group

Sussex or Leicester for LLB Senior Status - Canadian Student

Hi everyone,

I am deciding between Leicester or Sussex for law (graduate entry). Both universities seem like good options and I would appreciate any feedback from you guys!
Also any other Canadians heading to the UK this September 2019?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 2019llb
Hi everyone,

I am deciding between Leicester or Sussex for law (graduate entry). Both universities seem like good options and I would appreciate any feedback from you guys!
Also any other Canadians heading to the UK this September 2019?

I would say Sussex has a slightly better reputation for law than Leicester, but there's not much in it. However, Brighton is also a much nicer city than Leicester so I would pick it for that reason.

You could also try posting this in the law forum to get the opinion of some lawyers ...
Reply 2
thank you for the advice!
Original post by harrysbar
I would say Sussex has a slightly better reputation for law than Leicester, but there's not much in it. However, Brighton is also a much nicer city than Leicester so I would pick it for that reason.

You could also try posting this in the law forum to get the opinion of some lawyers ...
I study at sussex so if you want any info on the uni or on Brighton feel to ask. I don't study law though.
Reply 4
Thanks for your reply.. How do you like studying at Sussex uni and Brighton city? What is the atmosphere like?
Original post by SaxonSailor
I study at sussex so if you want any info on the uni or on Brighton feel to ask. I don't study law though.
Brighton is really nice and has everything: sea, countryside and city. Also really close to Gatwick Airport if you like to travel. Good clubbing scene and lots of sports and activities going on. Lots of interesting people and great atmosphere. Amazing in the summer.
Sussex has lots of societies, and some interesting ones. Also being close to the sea, you've got all the watersports as well. I've also heard from others that they have really good support for international students (although I don't know this from own experience as I'm not an international student). The library is open 24/7 and there's three bars on campus. Campus is beautiful to just sit outside and chill in the summer. I think the students union is a bit overly political and the shops on campus are expensive so most people get food delivered. The law building is new but at the top a hill which is annoying to walk up.
Original post by 2019llb
Thanks for your reply.. How do you like studying at Sussex uni and Brighton city? What is the atmosphere like?
If you go to Sussex you definitely have to go to Lewes for guy fawkes night
Reply 7
Thanks for the info! That helps paint a better picture of the city/uni. Brighton seems like a really place, especially because its so close to the sea
Reply 8
I've never heard of this before - it looks interesting in photos!
Original post by SaxonSailor
If you go to Sussex you definitely have to go to Lewes for guy fawkes night
Sussex.

Nothing wrong with Leicester but for all the reason outlined above, Brighton is a wonderful place to be a student and far more interesting for an overseas student than Leicester.

Enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending