URGENT!! Furious with SFE.... I can't take much more. (Sorry it's long)

Watch
dylanb97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am furious with SFE, it feels that no matter how many times I ring them, no one knows what the other half are doing. As for 'management' I wouldn't know where to start, those who actually make the decisions are none existent. I resorted to now sending everything in paper copy on signed delivery... even then they struggle to get it right.

I completed my first year of university at EHU, all fine and well.

I started my 2nd year at EHU, I received my first maintenance payment of the year. I suspended my studies due to poor mental health. The university confirmed with SFE I left before any tuition fee's had been taken for my second year.

I was told I'd been overpaid my maintenance loan by about £250 as when you leave on medical grounds SFE give you 60 days grace period from your last date of attendance. So that meant I was 2 weeks overpaid.

Because I was on a low income, I applied via CPR, to get a discretionary maintenance loan payment, they granted me it and told me to disregard the overpayment letter sent earlier that month.

I have got a place at LJMU and theyv'e now told me that I won't be getting tution fee's because i've had 2 years previous funding, despite me sending god knows how many documents to say my second year tution fee was never taken!!!!!

I've even sent them CPR for my morst recent applicantion requesting if I could be considered for 3 years funding for my new course and medical evidence !!! what more do they want....

I'm at my witts end with them and really feel like giving up. I would now go as far to say that SFE have caused a significant amount of my poor mental health. Even when my new uni used their direct line regarding DSA I was told the wrong information.

Please SFE, sort your customer service staff out. I'd like to study my chosen course, I promise once I graduate I'll do all I can to pay you back... your making it very difficult to keep going here .

I've no more funds to keep sending pages of CPR, I have sent all I physically can, I'm tired, drained, exhuasted and fed up. Can I not speak to someone in management who can give me a clear answer?

Any help would be appreciated
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dylanb97)
I am furious with SFE, it feels that no matter how many times I ring them, no one knows what the other half are doing. As for 'management' I wouldn't know where to start, those who actually make the decisions are none existent. I resorted to now sending everything in paper copy on signed delivery... even then they struggle to get it right.

I completed my first year of university at EHU, all fine and well.

I started my 2nd year at EHU, I received my first maintenance payment of the year. I suspended my studies due to poor mental health. The university confirmed with SFE I left before any tuition fee's had been taken for my second year.

I was told I'd been overpaid my maintenance loan by about £250 as when you leave on medical grounds SFE give you 60 days grace period from your last date of attendance. So that meant I was 2 weeks overpaid.

Because I was on a low income, I applied via CPR, to get a discretionary maintenance loan payment, they granted me it and told me to disregard the overpayment letter sent earlier that month.

I have got a place at LJMU and theyv'e now told me that I won't be getting tution fee's because i've had 2 years previous funding, despite me sending god knows how many documents to say my second year tution fee was never taken!!!!!

I've even sent them CPR for my morst recent applicantion requesting if I could be considered for 3 years funding for my new course and medical evidence !!! what more do they want....

I'm at my witts end with them and really feel like giving up. I would now go as far to say that SFE have caused a significant amount of my poor mental health. Even when my new uni used their direct line regarding DSA I was told the wrong information.

Please SFE, sort your customer service staff out. I'd like to study my chosen course, I promise once I graduate I'll do all I can to pay you back... your making it very difficult to keep going here .

I've no more funds to keep sending pages of CPR, I have sent all I physically can, I'm tired, drained, exhuasted and fed up. Can I not speak to someone in management who can give me a clear answer?

Any help would be appreciated
Hi there,

Apologies to hear about any issues you may have had with regards to student finance.

Are you able to send us a private message on Facebook or a DM on Twitter to be able to look into this further for you.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads