sorchamcw1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A student finance account was automatically made when I started receiving EMA, so I went through the forgotten password route to try to log in. It keeps asking for my secret answer which they 'sent me' but I don't know what the secret answer is because I never made one. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sorchamcw1)
A student finance account was automatically made when I started receiving EMA, so I went through the forgotten password route to try to log in. It keeps asking for my secret answer which they 'sent me' but I don't know what the secret answer is because I never made one. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Hi there,

You should also be able to reset your secret answer on your online account. If you continue to have issues with this then you will need to call us on 0300 100 0607 to have this reset over the phone.

Thanks, Erin
Lagrands
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey can you help to reset my secret answer
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lagrands)
Hey can you help to reset my secret answer
Hi there, please give us a call on 0300 100 0607.
Thanks, Isaac
alice.gormley
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Isaac,Just seen others are experiencing this problem - wanted to give you the heads up that when I call that number, I'm asked for the secret answer before I can speak to somebody - which means I can't actually get any of your representatives on the phone.Please advise.Alice
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alice.gormley)
Hi Isaac,Just seen others are experiencing this problem - wanted to give you the heads up that when I call that number, I'm asked for the secret answer before I can speak to somebody - which means I can't actually get any of your representatives on the phone.Please advise.Alice
Hi Alice, that's not correct. I tried to call the number myself at 10:30am today to test the line and I pressed option 1 then option 2 and it took me 1 minutes 11 seconds for an advisor to answer, it did not ask me for any details. It will only ask for your details if you press other options.
Thanks, Isaac
Lukey1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How do I get my Secret answer without phoning? I am deaf and can't speak on a phone. Any help would be much appreciated
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lukey1997)
How do I get my Secret answer without phoning? I am deaf and can't speak on a phone. Any help would be much appreciated
Hi, you can use RelayUK https://www.relayuk.bt.com/ previously known as Next Generation Text Service to communicate with us on the phone to reset your details.

You can also reset your secret answer online at http://logon.slc.co.uk/

Thanks, Isaac
tpmckelvey
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am having the same issue.

I had to reset my e-mail address as I left university 10 years ago.

I try to login with my customer reference number and new password but get this..

"Before you can login, we need you to enter the requested characters from your secret answer.

Use the secret answer that we sent you."

I have no text, e-mail or letter stating this secret question.

I have tried to use website and telephone but am just going in circles. I have tried every phone number but never get through to a person. I want to sort this because I know you never stop taking money from me, even when I have fully paid debt.
Last edited by tpmckelvey; 2 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tpmckelvey)
I am having the same issue.

I had to reset my e-mail address as I left university 10 years ago.

I try to login with my customer reference number and new password but get this..

"Before you can login, we need you to enter the requested characters from your secret answer.

Use the secret answer that we sent you."

I have no text, e-mail or letter stating this secret question.

I have tried to use website and telephone but am just going in circles. I have tried every phone number but never get through to a person. I want to sort this because I know you never stop taking money from me, even when I have fully paid debt.
Hi there, please call our repayments team on 0300 100 0611.
Thanks, Isaac
matt1987
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I know your answer will be just give us a ring, but i am having the same problem as everyone else and can assure you i'm not getting anywhere by phoning. it just tells me i can reset my secret answer online and then hangs up, but there seems to be no way of doing that online. can you explain how to reset my secret answer please? it feels like a really complicated system.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads