Is it possible to pursue 2 career paths at the same time?

Watch
san_cisco
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hate not having options. Life is short and I don't want to waste time doing something only for me to end up realising it's not for me and then waste more time trying to get on the right path. I don't wanna that teacher who regrets not having pursued their love of travelling and now can't cause they've got two toddlers at home and are barely earning enough for an weekend trip to Butlins.

That's an exgaerration, I know, but I hope it demonstrates my frustration.

I fell in love with cognitive psychology and cognitive neuroscience having touched on it in A-level Psychology. Since then I've watched so many documentaries on the subject and read so many books.

I also love film, people hate watching films with me cause I love to pause it and scrutinise trash or praise the film after. I love writing mini scripts and stories and I have done since I was young. I try to volunteer at local film festival and I'm looking into being a volunteer runner for local TV.

The problem is pursuing either is a life commitment. Ultimately I will pick one but I don't want to live my life not having at least tried both..

So my question is if I study cognitive neuroscience at uni all the way up to masters or even PhD level, will I be able to do film in my free time?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dangerousmonkey)

So my question is if I study cognitive neuroscience at uni all the way up to masters or even PhD level, will I be able to do film in my free time?
Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LiviLu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's really up to you, but like you say, both require lots of commitment. Obviously, doing a masters and PhD in neuroscience is a massive task on it's own. If you think you are capable for reaching that far and are genuinely interested in that then go for it! However, you just might barley have enough time to brush your teeth, let alone help run festivals. I guess at the end of the day though, only you know what you are capable of doing. If you think you could juggle all that work whilst still getting involved with media stuff at the same time, only you will be able to make that call.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.45%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.68%

Watched Threads