jacob.pounds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, looking at both Ravensbourne - Editing and Post Production and Digital Television Production. And UCA Television Production. I have offers back from both but unsure what to do hear that Ravensbourne is good but also a lot of mixed reviews. UCA is suppose to be very good but has higher entry requirements? Unsure of which would be the best to go to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Jacob,

Glad to hear you're considering us at Ravensbourne!

We are located in the heart of central London - right next to the O2 arena. This comes as a huge advantage to our students, in particular the screen school. This is because most of our lecturers are practicing professionals in the media industry - including a BAFTA winner, a director and vision mixer. The central location also allows us to have weekly visiting lecturers from industry to talk, work with the students and provide internship and work opportunities; these industry links are harder to come by the further out of London you go.

In addition to this we have a wide range of modern facilities including a television gallery, studio, recording studio, editing suite and more.

Our television course features two pathways in either production or operations. Both pathways on this degree will produce graduates who are highly skilled studio and location professionals who are able to work on multi or single-camera productions.

We have an open day coming up in June, so we welcome you to come and get a feel for the courses, building and facilities.

I hope this helps!

Any more questions please feel free to ask!

- Holly
Last edited by Ravensbourne; 2 years ago
jacob.pounds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok, thanks for your reply. Will defiantly consider the offer from Ravensbourne - Cheers
(Original post by Ravensbourne)
Hi Jacob,

Glad to hear you're considering us at Ravensbourne!

We are located in the heart of central London - right next to the O2 arena. This comes as a huge advantage to our students, in particular the screen school. This is because most of our lecturers are practicing professionals in the media industry - including a BAFTA winner, a director and vision mixer. The central location also allows us to have weekly visiting lecturers from industry to talk, work with the students and provide internship and work opportunities; these industry links are harder to come by the further out of London you go.

In addition to this we have a wide range of modern facilities including a television gallery, studio, recording studio, editing suite and more.

Our television course features two pathways in either production or operations. Both pathways on this degree will produce graduates who are highly skilled studio and location professionals who are able to work on multi or single-camera productions.

We have an open day coming up in June, so we welcome you to come and get a feel for the courses, building and facilities.

I hope this helps!

Any more questions please feel free to ask!

- Holly
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jacob.pounds)
Hi, looking at both Ravensbourne - Editing and Post Production and Digital Television Production. And UCA Television Production. I have offers back from both but unsure what to do hear that Ravensbourne is good but also a lot of mixed reviews. UCA is suppose to be very good but has higher entry requirements? Unsure of which would be the best to go to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
Are either of the courses accredited by screenskills?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (216)
43.99%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.41%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.5%

Watched Threads