The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

BSC Mathematics And Biology Without Chemistry

Hey y'all,

So I'm doing biology, maths and Spanish at A-Level, and I recently saw that Edinburgh does Mathematics And Biology at BSC (here)
I want to do medicine but I don't do chemistry at A-Level because I hate it, so I can do an undergrad degree then do grad entry medicine, and as I love both biology and maths, Mathematics And Biology seems like a great course.
However, the entry requirements are AAB which is made up of maths at A, biology and chemistry. However, as I have already said I do not do chemistry so I don't meet the requirements.
However, I have heard of some universities being a bit more lenient of not having chemistry in practice, and I was wondering if Edinburgh would accept me without chemistry, given that I meet the other requirements.

Spoiler

Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
Hey y'all,

So I'm doing biology, maths and Spanish at A-Level, and I recently saw that Edinburgh does Mathematics And Biology at BSC (here)
I want to do medicine but I don't do chemistry at A-Level because I hate it, so I can do an undergrad degree then do grad entry medicine, and as I love both biology and maths, Mathematics And Biology seems like a great course.
However, the entry requirements are AAB which is made up of maths at A, biology and chemistry. However, as I have already said I do not do chemistry so I don't meet the requirements.
However, I have heard of some universities being a bit more lenient of not having chemistry in practice, and I was wondering if Edinburgh would accept me without chemistry, given that I meet the other requirements.

Spoiler

I don't think so. If a university generally says they require X subject, then they won't be lenient. Also, Edinburgh's Bio degrees have quite a bit of chemistry to them.

I considered switching to Biology, but I didn't take chemistry at A-level :cry2:

No harm in contacting admissions just to make doubly sure, though!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending