RAF Promotion? Watch

srutherford2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi Everyone,

first post, i am wondering if anyone has any information on how long or how hard it is to be promoted within the RAF or even army. I am looking for comparable factors really. I feel a lot of guys lie at the careers office its hard to judge who is telling you real information or if there lying.

i am 28 years old currently a prison officer and want to change my career, i am currently in the medical stages of my RAF application.

any help much appreciated.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by srutherford2)
Hi Everyone,

first post, i am wondering if anyone has any information on how long or how hard it is to be promoted within the RAF or even army. I am looking for comparable factors really. I feel a lot of guys lie at the careers office its hard to judge who is telling you real information or if there lying.

i am 28 years old currently a prison officer and want to change my career, i am currently in the medical stages of my RAF application.

any help much appreciated.
Hi

Which role are you applying for, as that can have an impact on how quickly you may get promoted.

Your own career progression will depend on a number of factors. Mainly, you and the promotional slots available each year. It's up to you to do well and do what's required to be 'promotable' for want of a better term. There will only be a certain number of slots available each year for promotion, so it will depend on the amount of people in the trade/branch/your appraisals and how you're doing in your career to date and slots available.

There are many different factors, but everyone has the opportunities.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
srutherford2
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply Adam, I have applied for the role of regiment gunner. I am open to do other roles but it's got to have to the fun factor. I understand that I am solely responsible for getting my self to a promotable standard and that is something I know I will work extremely hard to achieve that. I am a mature man now with alot of life experiences I am here for a career just want to know that I can have one. Thanks
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Generally, the Army has quicker promotion but the RAF offers a better quality of life. I can't speak specifically about the RAF Reg though.
srutherford2
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply Adam, I have applied for the role of regiment gunner. I am open to do other roles but it's got to have to the fun factor. I understand that I am solely responsible for getting my self to a promotable standard and that is something I know I will work extremely hard to achieve that. I am a mature man now with alot of life experiences I am here for a career just want to know that I can have one. Thanks
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

Which role are you applying for, as that can have an impact on how quickly you may get promoted.

Your own career progression will depend on a number of factors. Mainly, you and the promotional slots available each year. It's up to you to do well and do what's required to be 'promotable' for want of a better term. There will only be a certain number of slots available each year for promotion, so it will depend on the amount of people in the trade/branch/your appraisals and how you're doing in your career to date and slots available.

There are many different factors, but everyone has the opportunities.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
15.44%
The paper was reasonable (1011)
55.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.35%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.45%

Watched Threads