The Student Room Group

Can't find drive to study for 9s

Im a y11 student and there are currently around 65 days remaining till our actual gcses. Im averaging at around a grade 7 in most of my subjects (some 9s and 8s yet Spanish is a 5) and I know that if i revise then i could get even better. But at the same time i know that with these grades i can get into the college i want with my preferred subjects. My question is whether i should try and force myself to revise or be complacent as from what i understand, no long term changes will occur.
I'm in the exact same position, but you have to try to motivate yourself because come results day you'll likely be much happier to see the grades you put in hard work for rather than grades you didn't put hard work in for.
I get you amigo. Last year I couldn't be arsed to revise (as much as I should've) and ended up with no 9's. Although this didn't really concern me too much as I still averaged a grade 7 in my GCSE's, it still ticks me off that as a now aspiring med student I gotta work twice as hard for better A levels, better ukcat, BMAT etc. Overall, my motivation nowadays is my future and how I will have less worries in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest