Astrinos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Can someone explain to me how much i will have to pay back if i take a 10000 loan?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think the interest rate is about 6% from UK students loan company, but it is NOT a ‘normal’ loan. It becomes an attachment to future earnings, effectively a small graduate (postgraduate even) tax, supplementary to income tax. Read more at https://moneysavingexpert.com, Martin Lewis explains well SLC, remember to add possible living costs to course fees

Direct link https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/st...-student-loan/

Oh, and here’s an article in the Bradford local newspaper, mentioning that Stirling is the best value for living costs in the whole of the UK & Ireland

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....esearch-finds/

After thinking a lot about your big data & tech MSc, I’d probably suggest that you toss a virtual coin , then go for Bradford, their computing department is as old as the whole of beautiful (& cheap!) Stirling university.

Bradford started in 1966, Stirling in 1967, Bradford had a previous one hundred years as a technical institute, Stirling would be better if your Big Data had any kind of link to SPORT. Bradford better, if you are interested in the math & tech behind analysing the big data sets. B R. A D F O R D, just wins - I’ve been to both universities, as visiting. My cousin studied BSc in electronic engineering at Bradford and after working for ESA in Toulouse for many years on Ariane rockets, he is now running his own tech business , still in South of France
Last edited by LuigiMario; 11 months ago
SFE Erin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Astrinos)
Can someone explain to me how much i will have to pay back if i take a 10000 loan?
Hi there,

If you wish to find out more about the interest charged on our loans, we would advise to contact our Repayments Team directly on 0300 100 0611.

Thanks,
Erin K
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think in this case the £10K might be to finance a Masters' degree for an EU applicant, I might be wrong - I presume SLC also help with postgraduate degrees?

I noticed that at least one university in CH pays about £10K to the Master's student, but there is a lot of competition to get in, with "negative" fees!

I think that phoning SFE on (+44) (0)300 100 0611 would be a great idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads