Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The applications are still open until next Friday
gav0001
Report 9 years ago
haha ano i hate the way we know nothink, this is a life changing course for people like us, coz we have to move away from home innit ,
wallace - ECITB
Report 9 years ago
well dont get told much either ie holidays and things like that. we dont even get told of class changes. college is mon- fri 9 am to 4.45pm. but we can get away early if we finish class. app test is easy its just basic questions and not that difficult. theres already a guy from newcastle in my class. there is one ecitb mechnical class so yes you and your mate will be together. you will be waiting a while think i was about a month or so. the course dosent start untill agust/october. i think i found out i had the job june/july.
HigherComputing
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's initial acceptance on the scheme ?
wallace - ECITB
Report 9 years ago
think its something like 2000 - 2500
HigherComputing
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wallace - ECITB)
think its something like 2000 - 2500
Sorry I meant to say what does "notifying you of your initial acceptance on to the scheme."
Mean ?

Thanks
johnboy1987
Report 9 years ago
Hi

Im new to this site and thinking of doing the OPITO Apprenticeship.
However, I cant find any clear information on what benefits (money) I would recieve.
Do we get the standard apprentice allowance £90 a week? I read we get meals and accomodation paid for is this true?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to work out if I is finicially viable for me
Derringer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
one thing that bothers me, how true is it that one cant apply for a grant if one is with ecitb? also they really are taking they time, i live down south and applied in january and still waiting for the aptitude test, I hope i get in
wallace - ECITB
Report 9 years ago
It’s £80 a week. And yes all accommodation and breakfast and dinner are paid for. You get your bus/train/plane fair and 25p a mile if you drive.

You can't get a grant. You’re employed not a student you’re not entitled to one.

You will be waiting a while because they wait until all the exams are done so as not to interrupt the exam times. Remember the course doesn’t start until end of august.
wallace - ECITB
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HigherComputing)
Sorry I meant to say what does "notifying you of your initial acceptance on to the scheme."
Mean ?

Thanks
cant find where i had wrote this lol. i think i meant when you are told you are onto the next stage ie aptitude test
johnboy1987
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for clearing that up Wallace. Its a very attractive package I think I will send my application in this weekend.

However is there an upper age limit? As I know alot of apprenticeships are only open to 16-18yr olds and again the website doesn't give too much information
HigherComputing
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd be quick you've got 6 days
johnboy1987
Report 9 years ago
I know it closes this Friday, 6 days is plenty of time 1st class it will be there by Weds at the latest.
joshJ16KHM
Report 9 years ago
still excited for this like lads! can't help but find the whole package exciting. the sooner i find out if i am in, the better though. think i know a lot of info now from this forum. 5 hours (according to google maps) between aberdeen and newcastle, and OPITO stated on their site that the instrument tech course is aberdeen. Going to be quite some drive :P
Cu123
Report 9 years ago
Instrument techs are in Edinburgh Josh, so you can cut 2 and a bit hours of that travel time.
ChrissyBoyle
Report 9 years ago
Got ma app test on the 22nd of April in Glasgow Anyone else going for that test ?
Inver Lad
Report 9 years ago
i sat my OPITO apptitude test on the 1st of April and passed Has anyone else who's passed heard back about when their interview is
HigherComputing
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think i am on to the aptitude tests hopefully I'm doing the one on the 22nd of April
danz69
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
should u ware a suit for the interview? im thinking about it but am not sure?
Derringer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No grant even if it were opito?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (127)
60.48%
No (83)
39.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise