The Student Room Group

How oftern should I mastrabate?

Right, so I'm 14 and I enjoy mastrabation (as most people do) as it lets me feel less stressed and wind down from exam stress etc.
I've taked about it comfortably with some friends here and there but I'm wordering at what point is it considered too much (frequency-wise).
Pesonally, I do it roughly once every two days but sometimes more (depending how I'm feeling i.e. more during exam weeks or after a self esteem blow).
Is that too much? Just enough? Or am I just over thinking things and it's quite normal?
Anyway, thanks if you read this. I'm just curious as to other people's way of doing things as, although it's not taboo between some of my mates, I feel like I'd ge a better range of answers and opinions on here.
Original post by ._Joe_.
Right, so I'm 14 and I enjoy mastrabation (as most people do) as it lets me feel less stressed and wind down from exam stress etc.
I've taked about it comfortably with some friends here and there but I'm wordering at what point is it considered too much (frequency-wise).
Pesonally, I do it roughly once every two days but sometimes more (depending how I'm feeling i.e. more during exam weeks or after a self esteem blow).
Is that too much? Just enough? Or am I just over thinking things and it's quite normal?
Anyway, thanks if you read this. I'm just curious as to other people's way of doing things as, although it's not taboo between some of my mates, I feel like I'd ge a better range of answers and opinions on here.

As often as you want to. It's only too much if it starts interfering with your life and stops you from doing other things.
I really like your outlook and articulation. Asking questions and when it's safe and appropriate to do so, being open regarding sexuality is a really powerful place to be. Sadly lots of adults never get to this stage and can end up holding a lot of negativity and shame around sex.

Masturbation is a healthy and for most people a positive and normal part of life - It's your sex life.

Masturbating is normal from a range of everyday++ - everyday-rarely-never, as is pondering how much you masturbate and what you're sexually attracted to. What's critical is approaching your sexuality and sex life from a perspective of positivity.
(edited 4 years ago)
as much as you want, Pope Francis said masturbation is not a sin. Have fun beating yo meat.
Original post by ._Joe_.
Original post by lorena2016
as much as you want, Pope Francis said masturbation is not a sin. Have fun beating yo meat.

And what did Pope Francis say about child abuse?
Once every 2 days at 14? What is wrong with you? At that age multiple times every day.
once a week = maximumjust do not stress about it afterwards, the guilt ensuing masturbation has far more detrimental effects than the effects of masturbation itself.

Quick Reply

Latest