HELP Watch

lammal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Really having trouble on deciding on which University to go to between Brighton and Sussex. I have an unconditional from Brighton and conditional offer from Sussex. I visited Brighton uni and it seemed nice, the lectures too, but the fact that it's ranked so lowly on the league tables is kind of concerning? What do I do? Do the league tables matter so much?
Human_bean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well.. Pewdiepie lives in Brighton.

But yeah in your position I would stick with Sussex. Because of the higher ranking.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Marcus_:D
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you visited Sussex? It might be worth going to an applicant day there or go there to visit and see for yourself if you feel right being there for university. Unconditional offers for me feel way too safe and feel like slacking on my effort for exams.
lammal
Rep:
?
Yeah the higher ranking has been making me sway more towards Sussex, but then I've spoken to others who've said the rankings don't matter, it's what you make of it and the effort you put in. So I'm torn!

(Original post by Human_bean)
Well.. Pewdiepie lives in Brighton.

But yeah in your position I would stick with Sussex. Because of the higher ranking.
lammal
Rep:
?
I'm going soon for the applicant day so hopefully that will help me make up my mind. And regarding the conditional offer, I'm scared I won't reach the grades to get in, so is it worth going for the safer option, yet still putting in effort to get the grades so I can be proud, or taking the riskier option with Sussex.
(Original post by Marcus_:D)
Have you visited Sussex? It might be worth going to an applicant day there or go there to visit and see for yourself if you feel right being there for university. Unconditional offers for me feel way too safe and feel like slacking on my effort for exams.
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don’t be more convinced by the unconditional, as the university and as well as others have been found to increase their unconditional offer. https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...itional-places
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (143)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.23%
No I am happy with my course choice (471)
58.73%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (114)
14.21%

Watched Threads