Parents won't let me take antidepressants Watch

andi1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've managed to get a psychiatrist to give me a new prescription my parents don't know about but I have to go to the doctors, hand it in, get them to give me the actual prescription and then go to boots to pick it up. All this makes me very anxious and I feel too depressed to even get up or out to do it. I also never ever leave the house and can't think of an excuse she'd believe (she's always already very suspicious despite me literally never acting out).

Alao, I have a few appointments with my doctor next month (which my mum takes me too) and she will mention if I've been prescribed something because she'll see it on my record and need to ask me about it in case she needs to change the dose or whatever.

(Also I'm 17 so I know legally they don't need to know but I have no privacy so worried they'll find out)

I'm feeling really trapped so any advice would be helpful, thanks!
Last edited by andi1234; 2 weeks ago
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just say you want to go for a walk.

As for the appointments, cant't you just ask your mum to let you speak in private? Say you have embarrassing issues down below.
andi1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I don't know if I have the courage to lie because knowing her she'll find out but obviously I have to do it :/ thank you for the advice!
(Original post by Royal Oak)
Just say you want to go for a walk.

As for the appointments, cant't you just ask your mum to let you speak in private? Say you have embarrassing issues down below.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads