The Student Room Group

I’ve been crying for 5 days

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koliko.o
Yes, I’m from EU. I applied for English Language/Linguistics and I’d want to do Illustration.

Your options are:

1) Go to the Uni for what you want despite difficulties.
2) Contact the uni and see if you can switch course.
3) Contact a different uni in clearing to see if they'll accept you.
4) Continue crying and don't do any of those things, lose the place you have and continue in your life as it is.

If you make no choice, you'll have chosen number 4.
I guess I'd apply for maintenance loan.

If you are an EU student then in general maintenance loans are only available if you have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years before the start of the course i.e in general they arent available to most EU students. Your crying is misplaced. There will be plenty of courses available in clearing if your first applications did not go well. Research and knowledge will put you in a better position of where you stand.
I don’t know what to do anymore. I got offers for a degree that I don’t really want and probably couldn’t manage anyway. I only applied for it out of illusion of better employment possibilities and pressure. I’m not from UK so waiting another year could mean not getting student loan. I am so desperate, I feel like this my last chance for actually making it out of this *****y country and family and now I ****ing wasted it.

I'll be honest with you. Illustrations doesn't sound like a competitive course. I've never even heard of it or know what it is. I don't think it would be hard to get into a good University for a course like that. Good luck.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Your options are:

1) Go to the Uni for what you want despite difficulties.
2) Contact the uni and see if you can switch course.
3) Contact a different uni in clearing to see if they'll accept you.
4) Continue crying and don't do any of those things, lose the place you have and continue in your life as it is.

If you make no choice, you'll have chosen number 4.

No need to be harsh.
Have you considered apprenticeships in the creative industries? Cheaper than a degree and you actually get a real job.
Original post by username4532666
No need to be harsh.

It's not harsh. It's just true. She now can make a decision based on that.

Quick Reply

Latest