The Student Room Group

Why do people hate transgender people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InArduisFouette
that 4 % is among children including , presumably, although i don;t have access to the raw data from Aus those who were referred well before even the first signs of Tanner II where the diagnosis of gender dysphoria among those without primary genital focused dysphoria is rather harder ...

the adult figure is 0.3 %

Okay, all of this only supports what I am saying. Do not teach this stuff to young children in schools.
Original post by user2809
Okay, all of this only supports what I am saying. Do not teach this stuff to young children in schools.

what exactly do you think is being taught?

becasue at the moment your position seems to be, despite your professed atheist views to be teach the patriarchal white middle cisgender heterosexual normative bigotry of Organised Religion
They did prove my point. You are just assuming what my position is.

So what exactly is your point then? Because nothing they've said supports a "deny trans folk the opportunity to transition" position, which seems to be what you're arguing. It can't possibly have anything to do with your "kids shouldn't know about it" claim because that's unrelated to desistance rates and a person's gender and sexuality cannot be learnt (the existence of LGB folk in a society that crams heteronormativity down their throat from childhood is testament to that), so that'd be a rather absurd point to make that would suggest you don't understand anything about the topic...
what exactly do you think is being taught?

becasue at the moment your position seems to be, despite your professed atheist views to be teach the patriarchal white middle cisgender heterosexual normative bigotry of Organised Religion

Yes, teach about religion in schools and do not normalise this transgender stuff. Also, please stop with the privilege diatribe; it doesn't exist and is completely irrelevant.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
So what exactly is your point then? Because nothing they've said supports a "deny trans folk the opportunity to transition" position, which seems to be what you're arguing. It can't possibly have anything to do with your "kids shouldn't know about it" claim because that's unrelated to desistance rates and a person's gender and sexuality cannot be learnt (the existence of LGB folk in a society that crams heteronormativity down their throat from childhood is testament to that), so that'd be a rather absurd point to make that would suggest you don't understand anything about the topic...

My point that you are referring to was that there are people who regret their transition, and @InArduisFouette kindly provided supporting evidence for this. @InArduisFouette later clarified that the percentage of regret is much lower in adults, which again supports my view that this should be taught later in life to avoid confusion.
Yes, teach about religion in schools and do not normalise this transgender stuff. Also, please stop with the privilege diatribe; it doesn't exist and is completely irrelevant.

Privilege does exist, it;s a mark of privilege and immaturity to fail to acknowledge this

being trans is normal for trans people ,

your bigotry is showing
My point that you are referring to was that there are people who regret their transition, and @InArduisFouette kindly provided supporting evidence for this. @InArduisFouette later clarified that the percentage of regret is much lower in adults, which again supports my view that this should be taught later in life to avoid confusion.

thank you for demonstrating your utter clinical and scientific illiteracy

there is no 'confusion' this is smoke screen used by the far right to justify their patriarchal position and paint a picture oof coercive control as normal
Privilege does exist, it;s a mark of privilege and immaturity to fail to acknowledge this

being trans is normal for trans people ,

your bigotry is showing

Being a Nazi is normal for Nazi's? What kind of incoherent logic is that? Whether it offends you or not, being transgender is not normal. Do you have proof of this 'privilege' or can you just 'feel it'?
Being a Nazi is normal for Nazi's? What kind of incoherent logic is that? Whether it offends you or not, being transgender is not normal. Do you have proof of this 'privilege' or can you just 'feel it'?

The clinical evidence is clear that Gender Identity , along with sexuality are innate and biologically mediated , see ICD 11, WPATH and the Endocrine Society position statement on trans health

the concept of privilege in terms of social interaction and the discussion of oppressive behaviours is really basic like GCSE level social sciences / humanities stuff ...
https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/09/what-is-privilege/
The clinical evidence is clear that Gender Identity , along with sexuality are innate and biologically mediated , see ICD 11, WPATH and the Endocrine Society position statement on trans health

the concept of privilege in terms of social interaction and the discussion of oppressive behaviours is really basic like GCSE level social sciences / humanities stuff ...
https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/09/what-is-privilege/

Sorry to burst your bubble but an 'everyday feminism' article does not constitute proof.
Sorry to burst your bubble but an 'everyday feminism' article does not constitute proof.

given you struggle with ' privilege 001' we are going to have to start at that level of understanding as the immature little boy you are painting yourself to be needs to being at that level ...
given you avatar i presume you 'll be perfectly happy to teach the doctrine of the largest child abuse gang in the world ...

Found the anti-Catholic bigot - by the way, Mum says Ian Paisley and the Rangers fans can't come over tonight.
a classic demonstration of cis-het white middle male privilege there ...

tolerance does not include promoting the views of child abusers in the name 'ma freeze peach' ... there are not ' some mighty fine people on both sides' ...

Cis-het white male privilege - your blatant racism and bigotry is showing.
given you struggle with ' privilege 001' we are going to have to start at that level of understanding as the immature little boy you are painting yourself to be needs to being at that level ...

Or just give me some proof, as I asked.
Original post by Mossbourne
Found the anti-Catholic bigot - by the way, Mum says Ian Paisley and the Rangers fans can't come over tonight.

the Roman Catholic church is no position to lecture people on morality . JRM is proud of his membership of that child abusing cult

Rangers fans and the DUP can go boil their heads as well , as equally clueless and violence / abuse facilitating bodies of people
(edited 4 years ago)
Cis-het white male privilege - your blatant racism and bigotry is showing.

"yOu CaNt bE rAcISt To WhITe pEoPle"
good job you aren't a lawyer otherwise you'd lose a lot of Public Order and Harassment cases with your mkisplaced beleif in the rights of ' ma freeze peach'

What's wrong with free speech or, as you call it, "freeze peach"?
the Roman Catholic church is no position to lecture people on morality . JRM is proud of his membership of that child abusing cult

Rangers fans and the DUP can go boil their heads as well , as equally clueless and violence / abuse facilitating bodies of people

Child abusing cult? Mother Mary, are you serious? The BBC had more than its fair share of paedophiles and I don't see you attacking it. Don't you have an Orange Order "peaceful march" past a house of God to go to?
What's wrong with free speech or, as you call it, "freeze peach"?

Yes, it seems strange to accuse everyone else of bigotry yet be scathing against free speech
I'm going to have to step aside for a second to ask - @InArduisFouette & @Mossbourne; please stop derailing this thread with a slinging match about the Catholic church and Irish sectarianism. If you want to debate Catholicism then the religion subforum is right over there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending