anonymous186481
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So I’m trying to decide my a-levels. I want to take Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Theatre Studies but I’m think about taking English Lit as my fourth instead, in case I drop Further Maths. I want to finish with 3 faciliatating subjects and would drop theatre studies at AS. Would it be better to trust my further maths ability,given that I’m predicted 8/9 at the moment, and take theatre studies, or play it safe and take English instead?
Marcus_:D
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
When I started Further Maths, I was told that it's the only subject with the word "Further" in, so it's important to persevere with the subject if you know you are passionate about maths. Honestly, being in Year 13, I can say that it's a lot of joy, but it is not an easy subject. Literally most of the Pure content (The calculus, algebra, etc...) is not used in real life it's just because mathematicians can XD.

I take Maths, Physics, Further Maths, and Art: 3D design and love my combination of subjects. I was strongly considering to take English instead of Art, but had a change in heart when applying.

Feel free to ask me anything personally about this or A-Levels- just drop me a message ^-^
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
In the end, go with what you're truly passionate about! 2 Years is a long time, but you learn so much stuff from it.
anonymous186481
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Marcus_:D)
When I started Further Maths, I was told that it's the only subject with the word "Further" in, so it's important to persevere with the subject if you know you are passionate about maths. Honestly, being in Year 13, I can say that it's a lot of joy, but it is not an easy subject. Literally most of the Pure content (The calculus, algebra, etc...) is not used in real life it's just because mathematicians can XD.

I take Maths, Physics, Further Maths, and Art: 3D design and love my combination of subjects. I was strongly considering to take English instead of Art, but had a change in heart when applying.

Feel free to ask me anything personally about this or A-Levels- just drop me a message ^-^
Yh, thanks for reply. Was wondering, did you choose to take art AS or full A-Level. I.e. would doing four a levels be too much work in year 13?
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Some people do tend to drop their fourth subject because it can be unmanageable and hard depending on what they've taken, it depends on the person really and if they are capable of taking 4 subjects.
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by anonymous186481)
Yh, thanks for reply. Was wondering, did you choose to take art AS or full A-Level. I.e. would doing four a levels be too much work in year 13?
Hi, I’m still doing all 4 subjects (with the full Art A-Level)! I think it’s definitely possible whilst having a decent social life I’ve been to parties and gone out with friends on Saturdays and Friday evenings. If you can handle pushing yourself into the hard stuff then you’re already there. With Art, you tend to build your skills till the final year where you do a major project which I’ve done so now I’m on my exam project. It’s good to learn your own revision techniques because I find it’s different for everyone.
Last edited by Marcus_:D; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads