The Student Room Group

Section 12- me and my partner dont understand the question

We have a 15 years old daughter who is going to start a levels from September but we dont know which school yet or what help she will get. What do we say on q2 section 12. Also we have younger children. It says on q1 section 12 to include unearned income for all dependants. What's that mean? They are all under 16 and dont earn. Very confusing question! I am going to start uni as mature student.
If they don’t have any earnings or income then put £0.

Some parents get child support/maintenance from an ex partner/husband that is classed as the income of the child.
Original post by Kiraz
We have a 15 years old daughter who is going to start a levels from September but we dont know which school yet or what help she will get. What do we say on q2 section 12. Also we have younger children. It says on q1 section 12 to include unearned income for all dependants. What's that mean? They are all under 16 and dont earn. Very confusing question! I am going to start uni as mature student.

Hi there,

Is your daughter applying for an Advanced Learner Loan? If so, unfortunately the student must be aged 19 years or over on the first day of their Learning Aim meaning your daughter will be ineligible to apply for the loan.

Thanks,
Erin K
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Erin
Hi there,

Is your daughter applying for an Advanced Learner Loan? If so, unfortunately the student must be aged 19 years or over on the first day of their Learning Aim meaning your daughter will be ineligible to apply for the loan.

Thanks,
Erin K

No she is applying for nothing. It's me, her mum applying to student finance as offered a place in a university and my partner, her dad filling up section 12 for me but we are very confused how to fill section 12 as we have 5 children oldest 15 and youngest 4. My 15 years old applied to A level schools only but not sure which school she will go yet or what she is entitled too.
Original post by Kiraz
No she is applying for nothing. It's me, her mum applying to student finance as offered a place in a university and my partner, her dad filling up section 12 for me but we are very confused how to fill section 12 as we have 5 children oldest 15 and youngest 4. My 15 years old applied to A level schools only but not sure which school she will go yet or what she is entitled too.

Are you completing the paper form?

And is the problem that the form only has space for 2 dependants?

Or are you unclear about what unearned income means for children?
Original post by Kiraz

Hi,

Unearned income includes the following;

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Is your husband completing his details via his online account?

Thanks,
Erin K
Reply 6
Hi,

Unearned income includes the following;

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Is your husband completing his details via his online account?

Thanks,
Erin K

My children have children trust fund account and get interest byt account is locked until they are 18. Do I include that for all my 5 children. And there is only 2 spaces on the form. How do I include all my children if we have to include all 5.
We couldn't do it online as it said I have an account when I try to open one but I never applied before or anyone in our family. So when I called sfe they told me to download the form and apply by post.
Original post by Kiraz
My children have children trust fund account and get interest byt account is locked until they are 18. Do I include that for all my 5 children. And there is only 2 spaces on the form. How do I include all my children if we have to include all 5.
We couldn't do it online as it said I have an account when I try to open one but I never applied before or anyone in our family. So when I called sfe they told me to download the form and apply by post.

Hi,

If your dependents are not in receipt of any of the interest from their trust fund, we will not take this into account. If your children are not in receipt of any of the above, please indicate £0 on the form.

You can include your remaining dependents and their income on the additional notes section of the form.

Thanks,
Erin K
Reply 8
Hi,

If your dependents are not in receipt of any of the interest from their trust fund, we will not take this into account. If your children are not in receipt of any of the above, please indicate £0 on the form.

You can include your remaining dependents and their income on the additional notes section of the form.

Thanks,
Erin K

Thank you Erin for your help 👍
Original post by Kiraz
Thank you Erin for your help 👍

You're welcome 😊

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know! Remember, we are available on Twitter and Facebook as well as The Student Room.

Thanks,
Erin K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending