The Student Room Group

Do I apply for student loan even if my offers are conditional?

I feel like there’s not much point setting up a student bank account and filling in all the information if I’m not even certain I’ll get a place? I’m really confused :/ thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by confuzzled786
I feel like there’s not much point setting up a student bank account and filling in all the information if I’m not even certain I’ll get a place? I’m really confused :/ thanks in advance

You can apply after your conditional offer becomes unconditional too.
Reply 2

Yes you can (and should) apply now - you can change the details, includung the actual university if necessary, later.
Original post by zxvs
You can apply after your conditional offer becomes unconditional too.

Is it possible for offers to become unconditional after conditional and how?
Original post by Doones
Yes you can (and should) apply now - you can change the details, includung the actual university if necessary, later.

Ohh right and what if I’m not sure if I’m staying at uni or home yet :/
Reply 5
Is it possible for offers to become unconditional after conditional and how?

Well in most cases, your offer is conditional upon your exam results. If you meet your conditions (i.e. on results day you get the grades), then there are no more conditions left to meet and thus your conditional offer becomes unconditional.

But yeah, you probably should apply now anyway.

To quote SFE, "It can take up to six weeks to process student finance applications. Make sure you apply early even if you have a conditional offer as you can amend or cancel your application if your plans change."
Original post by zxvs
Well in most cases, your offer is conditional upon your exam results. If you meet your conditions (i.e. on results day you get the grades), then there are no more conditions left to meet and thus your conditional offer becomes unconditional.

But yeah, you probably should apply now anyway.

To quote SFE, "It can take up to six weeks to process student finance applications. Make sure you apply early even if you have a conditional offer as you can amend or cancel your application if your plans change."

Oh right, thank you for that !
Are you talking about setting up a student loan (as your title suggests) or a student bank account (as your OP suggests). They are two different things, you dont get the loan from the bank
Reply 8
Oh right, thank you for that !

You're welcome!
Reply 9
Original post by CoolCavy
Are you talking about setting up a student loan (as your title suggests) or a student bank account (as your OP suggests). They are two different things, you dont get the loan from the bank

I would assume it's both; applying for a student loan requires you to enter bank details too.
Original post by CoolCavy

Both the student loan to put into my student bank account. Tbh I’m not sure how the procedure works. I assume I’d be able to cancel any bank accounts.
Reply 11
Ohh right and what if I’m not sure if I’m staying at uni or home yet :/

Start the application with whatever you think is more likely. You can change it :smile:
Original post by Doones
Start the application with whatever you think is more likely. You can change it :smile:

Thank you for your help !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending