The Student Room Group

Can’t afford Finals Revision Courses

Hi people

I am really in a dilemma. Recently one of my friends who attended Ask Dr Clarke Med&Surg Revision Course kindly gave their booklets for me to have a read.
They were brilliant and I really want to attend the course. However I’m BROKE!

So it’s the same old question, is the course worth it? I’m an OK student but right now my mind is foggy. I feel like the knowledge is there but I haven’t sorted it yet.
I didn't do a finals revision course and don't know anybody who did either. So in a way I cannot comment on anything other than that you can certainly pass without going on one! IMO for written exams all you need to do is PassMedicine or some equivalent questionbank, and for OSCEs just getting in the practice with friends using scenarios. Make sure you spend some time in the clinical skills lab so you're happy with demonstrating any procedures. All this stuff is easily and cheaply achievable. So whether you want to go on the course is up to you, and I can't comment on how useful they are, but if you don't have the £££ I wouldn't worry.
I found it useful, but not life-shatteringly useful. In hindsight probably shouldn't have bothered but it is good for reinforcing your confidence.
I didn't go either, but been using the books. Ofc it's not the same, but I've been told most of the important stuff is in the books / website.
I never attended the course [also due to ££], and like you, saw the notes and really liked them.

That being said, I did very well in finals at a v. competitive school. Sure, it may be of benefit, but BY NO MEANS, will you not do well because you did not attend them.
Reply 5
The workbooks are good
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending