University of Manchester PGCE Secondary 2019

Watch
WenjieXu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

So I've just firmed Manchester to do a PGCE Secondary in Maths starting in the coming September and was wondering if there was anyone else starting at the same time!

Also what are people's thoughts on accommodation because having had a look at the uni's postgraduate accommodation, it seems rather expensive and so was wondering what others were planning on doing. I'm currently thinking of getting private accommodation but haven't a clue what or where.

For those of you on the course or on a similar course, how's it going?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
MyMaths&chill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey! I've also firmed a PGCE secondary place for Maths at UoM, and will be in private accommodation because I'll be moving with my partner.
Have a look at Manchester Life, Manchester Apartments, and the Slateyard as potential places. They're a little pricey but everything is included. Otherwise 1 and even 2 bed flats are not he market for between £500 and £1000 per month, which with our bursary is 'affordable'.
anitapaul15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there .. I've just been offered a place at both MMU and Manchester Uni for PGCE secondary maths and finding it really hard to decide between the two. Could you please let me know how your course is going and are you enjoying it/are there any cons? Also, I'm 45 and a mature student, so would prefer a course with a mixed age range / older students. Are there many mature students on the course? Thanks in advance for your help and hope the course s working out well for you. I'm excited about starting in September!
unigirl41
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm a 38yr old student at UoM. I started last Sept and I am in the first year of a three year Environmental Management degree within the School of Education, Environment and Development, which is the same school for PGCE students. UoM is a great uni, the only disadvantage for mature students is that there aren't many of us. This may not apply to the PGCE courses and there may be a more varied age range than the undergrad courses. I definitely wouldn't let it put you off coming to UoM, I've heard that the PGCE courses are really good and I think I'll probably apply for one when I've finished my degree. Well done for getting in both uni's and good luck. If you need to know anything else about UoM just let me know
anitapaul15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unigirl41)
Hi, I'm a 38yr old student at UoM. I started last Sept and I am in the first year of a three year Environmental Management degree within the School of Education, Environment and Development, which is the same school for PGCE students. UoM is a great uni, the only disadvantage for mature students is that there aren't many of us. This may not apply to the PGCE courses and there may be a more varied age range than the undergrad courses. I definitely wouldn't let it put you off coming to UoM, I've heard that the PGCE courses are really good and I think I'll probably apply for one when I've finished my degree. Well done for getting in both uni's and good luck. If you need to know anything else about UoM just let me know
Thanks so much I accepted my offer at the uni .. start this September, so may bump in to you later in the year. Currently working and travelling in Indonesia, so making the most of my last few months before I head back home! All the best with your degree. x
unigirl41
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anitapaul15)
Thanks so much I accepted my offer at the uni .. start this September, so may bump in to you later in the year. Currently working and travelling in Indonesia, so making the most of my last few months before I head back home! All the best with your degree. x
Thank you, enjoy the rest of your time in Indonesia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads