English literature or English language

Watch
Misbahmahmood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm new here and I really need some advice on the matter I'm going to be discussing today,

So I'm really confused on what should i choose for my A level apart from Chemistry and Biology, I can't decide if i should go with Lit or Lang, I'm really interested in studying Literature but I couldn't take it for my GCSE's as my school didn't offer it although I did English language and I got an A, so will I still be able to study Literature or should i continue with Lang?

Thanks.
Last edited by Misbahmahmood; 1 year ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English literature A-level won't be a direct continuation from GCSE so it shouldn't be too much of a problem that it's a 'new' subject. The style of questions will be different, as will the texts you'll study.
Misbahmahmood
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for answering!
(Original post by Sinnoh)
English literature A-level won't be a direct continuation from GCSE so it shouldn't be too much of a problem that it's a 'new' subject. The style of questions will be different, as will the texts you'll study.
Issagoal28
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi im currently in year 13 and do biology, chemistry and English language. I would say that English language at a level is more similar to the gcse than English lit is. There’s a paper where you talk about 2 texts separately and compare them, even the mark scheme is quite similar. There’s quite a lot of theorist to learn and extra reading but in comparison to my friends that do English literature, language seems less stressful
Misbahmahmood
Rep:
?
oh, great subject choice! and I get what you mean, thank you so much
(Original post by Issagoal28)
Hi im currently in year 13 and do biology, chemistry and English language. I would say that English language at a level is more similar to the gcse than English lit is. There’s a paper where you talk about 2 texts separately and compare them, even the mark scheme is quite similar. There’s quite a lot of theorist to learn and extra reading but in comparison to my friends that do English literature, language seems less stressful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.71%
No (647)
65.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed