Official University of Sunderland Medicine applicants 2020 thread Watch

Anonymoooo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have also received an offer! I was a bit concerned seeing others post about it just now although it is still a bit early on. My UCAS and portal hadn’t updated yet but they sent an email - December 18th!
Jivitesh 1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I feel like my R and R form saved me getting an interview because I only 615 in my ucat.
SleepyGnome
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
December 18th! )
Sh_A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
January 7th!
Last edited by Sh_A; 3 months ago
Jaybeuk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My son has an interview on 16th Dec
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Congratulations to all those who have secured an interview!
You can find out more about the process alongside some tips via the video below.

AJH12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
have all the interviews been released now?
utv
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How many people have been selected for an interview and how many places are there?
Anonymoooo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by utv)
How many people have been selected for an interview and how many places are there?
I’m not entirely certain, but I believe there are 100 places this year (50 for the previous cohort) the figures for interview haven’t been shared by them yet as far as I’m aware
Cgallagher2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are there any examples of questions online that Sunderland have used in previous years?
Ec2410
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Cgallagher2)
Are there any examples of questions online that Sunderland have used in previous years?
I was wondering the same thing!
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ec2410)
I was wondering the same thing!
Well last year was the first year they existed, so probably not. Most med schools try to keep their questions out of the public domain
ellenobrien22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m not sure but I really want there to be! I’m worried about the role play is anyone else?
Ec2410
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ellenobrien22)
I’m not sure but I really want there to be! I’m worried about the role play is anyone else?
If you go on the medic portal website for interviews there are some examples of role play scenarios. You might find that helpful
zara56789876
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have an interview for Sunderland!
I am doing medic portal questions and role play scenarios. I have the interview book so I'm mainly doing questions from there as well!
Does any one know what will happen in regards to the video station. Will we have to answer questions orally or write them out?
Thank you!
UniversityOfSunderland
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone,

You may find the below video useful!
It covers what happens during our Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)

Let me know if you have any further questions
GalInSixthForm
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rebeccawhite12)
I have an interview for Sunderland!
I am doing medic portal questions and role play scenarios. I have the interview book so I'm mainly doing questions from there as well!
Does any one know what will happen in regards to the video station. Will we have to answer questions orally or write them out?
Thank you!
Congrats! Same here - Day and time??

I'm not 100% sure but I think you go to a separate room where you where headphones and watch a video - you then get called out to another room or someone will walk in and discuss it with you or ask questions. I don't think there's any writing involved, as far as I'm concerned.

How are you preparing for the numeracy test??
GalInSixthForm
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by UniversityOfSunderland)
Hi everyone,

You may find the below video useful!
It covers what happens during our Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)

Let me know if you have any further questions
Thanks! Any advice on how to practice for the numeracy test?? There's a lack of resources online as only a few medical schools do this and I don't do AS/A-Level Maths. The last time I did maths was at GCSE so its a bit rusty!
zara56789876
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by GalInSixthForm)
Congrats! Same here - Day and time??
How are you preparing for the numeracy test??
Mines on Sep 6th at 12:00!!
Ive done the ones on the email and some on medic portal but there's not much I can find! I'm learning theory like conversions (such as mm to micro meters).
Thanks for the answer! I was a bit confused because some unis make you answer questions based on the video :/
Im a bit worried because I am not sure what questions I have to prepare for!
Last edited by zara56789876; 2 months ago
GalInSixthForm
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
G

(Original post by Rebeccawhite12)
Mines on Sep 6th at 12:00!!
Ive done the ones on the email and some on medic portal but there's not much I can find! I'm learning theory like conversions (such as mm to micro meters).
Thanks for the answer! I was a bit confused because some unis make you answer questions based on the video :/
Im a bit worried because I am not sure what questions I have to prepare for!
Good luck! Mine's the day after.

So true! I hope the questions aren't too hard. I'm pretty sure we'll be okay if we learn the theory.

No worries. That's the thing with MMIs, they're so unpredictable. I would say don't 'prepare' for questions as such. Definitely have a look at what COULD come up so you aren't surprised too much but its much more impressive if you speak naturally - the tutors can tell! Make sure you're MENTALLY prepared though, that's so important, nerves can really affect performance. Im sure we'll be fine, don't worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads